*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/255213-Gak
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #737885
The Journal of Someone who Squandered away Years but wishes to redeem them in the present
#255213 added September 2, 2003 at 2:06pm
Restrictions: None
Gak!
If you are in my campfire creative, To Quell The Fire, well, forgive me for my blunt assessment of its latest two writers (not you, esprit, don't worry):
Gak, that's poor writing, bad, even!

Holy cow (an exclamatory that's got everything needed).

PROOFREAD your own work! Isle of Glass, you're changing voice too much. First it's biblical English, then it's first-person, then third. And your mispellings and outright mis-chosen words make it so slappy that I dare say I'm embarassed for you.

Look, it's a campfire, and I can bear with bad writing because we're all trying to make this story fly, on the fly. But listen, it's now time to start paying attention to the threads that are running in between us. Bring your characters into the story, don't bring the story to your characters. Remember that each of us has a vision of what might be going on, and we have to share it. Think ahead! Adapt to what's going on.

Oy!

Proof-read your own work - or better yet, have someone whom you consider a good gramatician proof read your work. There's just no excuse for rough-edged writing, except for laziness (and stupidity, but none of us is stupid there). Laziness is a character flaw, and you ought to find ways to reduce its influence on your life.

It is never too late to be what you might have been. -- George Eliot
Courage to start and willingness to keep everlasting at it are the requisites for success. -- Alonzo Newton Benn

© Copyright 2003 Heliodorus04 (UN: prodigalson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Heliodorus04 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/255213-Gak