*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/255820
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#255820 added October 21, 2003 at 10:55pm
Restrictions: None
I like her, I really do!
         A few days later I went off to Japan to see my sister. Our retinue this time around was much smaller. The only students were Sukina and Shuura. Kurama, Hiei and me were back to being teachers again, but while Hiei would accompany Sukina and Shuura, Kurama and I would be leaving early to set up things there. We were also going to find out what was happening in England.
         I landed at the airport, not really expecting anyone to pick me up. This time I had a CD player in my bag and I was listening to some music, shades over my eyes. Of course, chewing gum kinda clinched it for me as well too.
         "I'd thought you were the one. Hello Naoko," someone said, softly and with a chuckle.
         I turned. Of course, it was the kitsune. He was smiling at me, as though he was fond to see me. I took off my shades. He seemed not to have changed at all, but there was a maturing twinkle in his eye. This would prove to be interesting.
         "Do you know someone by the name of Mukuro, Naoko-san?" he asked me as we walked to his car, a small sports car.
         "Sounds familiar," I conceded. In actual truth I had been ordered to look for her and make contact as soon as I could.
         "She wants to meet you. Is your sister expecting you yet?" he asked me.
         I shook my head, half-guessing where this would be going. "Not for a few days," I said. At that, he 'invited' me to go and meet Mukuro, a half-cyborg demon.

*****


         I found myself in what looked like a bedroom. In the center was a huge reclining bed, I think, with soft lacy sheets. It was a little like a four poster, surrounded as it was with billowing curtains. This really seems like a scene outside my story, I was thinking to myself.
         "I am told that you are the descendent of Ariala Tokiane, her 89th descendent," a voice from the darkness in the bed said as the door shut behind us.
         "That depends on who's asking," I said. She was giving me the name of one of the more obscure ancestors of mine.
         "Syako is looking for you and your family. Don't give him the chance," the voice, distinctly female, said.
         "Who says that I am? I do not need anyone's protection," I said indignantly.
         "What about the Princess of the House?" the voice said, leaning into the light.
         The legends had not been exaggerated when they were describing Mukuro. She was every bit a robot they said she was. I was not frightened though, There would be no reason for her to kill me, not yet anyway.She would not dare harm me, not until she knew who the current Princess was. Then again, it was no secret that I had been staying a lot with Sukina.
         "I made a promise to protect your families a long time ago, little one. Don't make me angry," she warned me.
         "I'm not trying to. I don't know you, so don't mind me declining your offer," I said. If she reacted the way we expected her...
         "Maybe by the time we get to know each other, your sister will be dead," she said in a cold voice.
         That was the key word I had been waiting for. Only those in our confidence would know that keyword.
         "We honestly don't need thy protection, Mukuro-sama. We don't want to disturb you," I lasped into ancient Japanese, "But the offer is appreciated," I bowed deeply. There was a smile on my lips.
         "And the Princess wants to see you too," I whispered only for her ears.

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/255820