*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/263430-Perfectionist-I-DONT-think-so
Rated: 13+ · Book · Friendship · #395609
Take A Look Into The Life Of Sarah As She Grows Up.
#263430 added February 3, 2006 at 8:20am
Restrictions: None
Perfectionist? I DON'T think so!
So, today I was with the school counsellor and we were doing this thing. She'd photocopied this list titled "irrational ideas" with had stuff like "I need to be loved by every significant person in my life" etc...and I was ticking the ones I agreed with.
There was one: "I need to be perfect at everything to feel worthwhile" and I ticked it.

So, she got the list back and started saying I have some sort of perfectionist disorder or something, which is seriously not true.
I ticked it because I *do* need to be perfect at the *important* things in life to feel worthwhile. Perfect, to me, is trying your best and getting the best possible results you can. I was thinking it was like for school assignments, the HSC, work, etc..,but I guess she meant like choosing what to wear, what movie to see all that.


Up till now, I've tollerated it, but I'm starting to get annoyed. I want to talk about my real problems, not what she thinks my problems are.



~~Piper: I'm getting stalked by psycho killers and I hide in the shower!
Piper/Leo Harry/Ginny Ron/Hermione Dawson/Jen Pacey/Audrey Steph/Max Jack/Nina
Brooke/Deacon Amber/Rick~~

© Copyright 2006 Impossible_Princess (UN: duckling at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Impossible_Princess has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/263430-Perfectionist-I-DONT-think-so