*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/265030-Hamlet
by Circe
Rated: 18+ · Book · Friendship · #589633
This would be my journal...
#265030 added November 6, 2003 at 7:24am
Restrictions: None
Hamlet

Date: 6th November
Time: 9.26pm
Listening to:Breathe’ Michelle Branch
Reading: Bits and pieces of Sena is Spider-Girl! ’s NaNo
Writing: My own NaNo novel


Just watched an updated version of Hamlet with Ethan Hawke in it. It was actually really good. I liked it much better that Romeo + Juliet. And I found myself actually liking Julia Stiles (Ophelia) which was weird cause I’m not really a fan of hers. Everyone was really good. God, the scene where Ophelia was insane and giving out the ‘flowers’ (They were photos in this case) was just so…wibble. Yes, I admit it: I was wibbling! Laertes’ affection for Ophelia there was just…so beautiful. And not helping my recent fascination with brother/sister relationships. Hamlet is such an angsty play. Are we really so surprised I like it? Circe, Queen of Angst and Wibbles?

I’m totally writing this to stall writing my NaNo bits. I’ve written about 500 words today. It’s rather pathetic! No where near my goal. Oh well, I won’t go to sleep til I’ve written it. Hamlet was rather inspiring really. Lots of violence, and angst, to include in my story. And I am writing the very angsty bits now. Dealing with Issues. Yep, my heroine had Issues. She’s also a massive bitch, but I still luffles her.

I’ve already managed to work my obsession for snow into the story a few times. I’ve also managed to mention:

*Bullet* Treacle

*Bullet* Hobbits

*Bullet* and the cameos for daisycat, Kairi , aarna

And I’ve just realised that people’s sexual preferences haven gotten all screwed up. Lyris Malfoy, Draco’s older sister, was meant to be straight but I’m now positive she’s a lesbian. And Diantha’s brother, Odysseus, was meant to be gay, but now I think he’s turned straight. Ah! How mean! Odysseus was also meant to be a complete arsehole to Diantha, but has turned out to be really nice, and has Sena is Spider-Girl! ready to jump his bones. (And begging for Bri/Odysseus snogging, even though Bri’s meant to be with Remus.) Characters just refused to be created how you want, don’t they?

Thus is then the funness of NaNo.

*blinks*

That was in no way a real sentence. *shrugs*

Oh! Sena’s novel has ‘Circe’! Whoo hoo to the cameos! Circe gets to make out with the dark, more-than-likely-going-to-be-evil hottie.

Oh, did I mention the ‘Hamlet with his mother’ scene? God, I’ve always loved that scene. And it was really good! So emotional and powerful. (Made more wibbly from the fact that a just wrote a very angsty scene between Diantha and her mother.)

Okay, back to my novel. (And certainly not to watch a few of the Hamlet scenes again. No. Definitely not.)



** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Eomer spoke first. “Look for your Merry, but do not trust a hope.” His eyes looked toward the non-horizon. “It has forsaken these lands.”

Aragorn thought Eomer was a touch dramatic.

"Invalid Item

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

My Fantasy Novel-
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2003 Circe (UN: circe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Circe has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/265030-Hamlet