*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/268185-Gotta-Love-Her
by fregin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #764092
life and other extraneous info
#268185 added December 6, 2003 at 11:37pm
Restrictions: None
Gotta Love Her!
Grandma's down visiting for the holidays (the same from the Granny Goose story), and I mean visiting for all of them, the winter ones anyway. She flew in the week before Thanksgiving and will stay until the second week of January. (smile...groan...sigh)

I moved back in with my parents in order to go back to school to get my master's degree. I absolutley appreciate them helping to keep me out of debt. Overall, it hasn't been pretty nice with just the three of us and my two dogs. We've really enjoyed spending time with each other as adults.

Well, now with four adults in the house, the whole gig has changed. It's amazing how one cute, little old lady can shake loose all of your complacency!

Recent lines from Grandma:

To me (day one, on the way home from the airport): "Well, I really need someone to go to the store for me because I forgot my vegetable laxatives, and I absolutley cannot go a day without."

To Mom: "Well that's an awfully big helping of dessert for someone who's been dieting." (cringe)

To me: "Your dog keeps walking in circles. Can't you stop her?"

To Mom (about me): "Doesn't it drive you crazy that she never makes her bed?"

To me (day two, we'd already been to the grocery store twice): "Well, if someone would just go to the grocery store, I could do some cooking around here."

To Mom and me (as she forced us to listen to some real cry-in-your-beer country music):"Don't you know that in country music, they just tell it like it is...it's real life."

To me (8:00 p.m. as I walked in the door from shopping; I'd been gone about and hour and a half): "We were just about to send out the search party for you."

To me (getting ready to leave for my hair appointment): "What time is your appointment anyway? Are you going to be able to make it on time?"

To me (10 minutes later, as I'm walking out the door): "I really don't see how you're going to make it on time."

To all of us, repeatedly: "I don't know how you all sleep so much. I can't sleep a wink to save my life." (Within moments, she's snoring.)

To all of us, repeatedly: "I don't hardly eat a thing." (then she shovels some of the food off your plate onto hers.)

To me, today as I walk in the door: "I did some of your laundry today that I dug out of your closet. I don't know if I did a good thing or not, since I don't know if it was all supposed to go in the washing machine." (arghhhhh!)*Angry*

Oh well, she's family and we love her...*Heart*

© Copyright 2003 fregin (UN: fregin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fregin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/268185-Gotta-Love-Her