*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/268943-Lettuce-and-Carrots
Rated: ASR · Book · Animal · #787561
Anything parrot-related.
#268943 added December 9, 2003 at 7:21pm
Restrictions: None
Lettuce and Carrots
Mullet is sitting on top of my left shoulder while I am typing this journal entry. I have a bowl of dressing less salad to the left of the keyboard which I keep forcing myself to eat. The deep orange baby carrots are actually quite delicious, but the deep leafy green romaine lettuce is too dry to enjoy. I keep reminding myself of the Christmas cookies and honey baked ham I will want to eat all of the Christmas parties I will be attending in the next couple of weeks. Mullet is very interested in my salad. He takes baby steps down the length of my arm, making sure to hang onto my black Scooby Doo t-shirt on his decent. He will climb a few steps down, and then climb back up to my shoulder. He gets further and further down with each attempt. Finally, he reaches the bowl and before he can inspect its contents, I move it out of his reach. Eventually, I reach in and grab a small leaf of Romaine. Mullet quickly snatches out of my fingers and nibbles on it excitedly. Then, after a few seconds, decides he doesn't want it and drops it onto the floor. Just like a teenager.

© Copyright 2003 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/268943-Lettuce-and-Carrots