*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/273077-Torn
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #470704
Things I find myself only able to express in words and in this journal - welcome!
#273077 added January 16, 2004 at 5:29am
Restrictions: None
Torn
I've decided that I am somewhat torn between what subject I like better - Psychology or Sociology. I really really have thought about that most all day. What I want to do is be a relationship counselor. Well, my Marriage & Family class is under the Sociology Department. I started thinking, perhaps it'd be best if I was Sociology major. (I'm a Psych major.) I came home this afternoon and tried to look up stuff about marriage/relationship counselors. From what I gathered, most majored in Sociology. But, when looking at options for Psych majors when it comes to jobs... it mentions marriage counseling. For example, you think about, a relationship counselor...it's not a group of people really, but it's not an individual. Social Psychology - the understanding of how society effects one person, etc. So, could we not also say that Social Psychology would encompass relationships? I think it would. Then, I know that Psych covers the psychology of relationships...that is what I need. It's all intricate.

Basically, I came to the conclusion I would be fine either way, as long as I keep wanting to do the same thing. But if I did change my mind, Psychology gives me many more options than Sociology. I talked to Eric about that, he said he thought he'd probably stay with Psych too.

I start reading about Sociology and I just love it, I mean, I like reading the textbooks about stuff in Sociology. Well, depending on the stuff... somethings I don't like. Same with Psych. Anyway, whenever I start thinking about it all, my mind just starts spinning with ideas and thoughts and trying to process what I'm hearing/reading. These 2 subjects are things that I reach out and grab at, I crave knowledge in these areas. Don't get me wrong, I like other subjects, but not with the same passion. I really like history, but... I never get that feeling exactly. I like literature...never get that feeling...except perhaps with poetry. Anthropology, which is a cousin of Psych and Sociology, doesn't make me quite as excited. 'Cept cultural anthro, which, I mean...we covered some cultural anthro in my Intro to Sociology class.

Hey, for a change, my mind's been mostly focused on my future/school stuff, lol. =) (At least for most the day.) When I need to think about things, I normally just do. Which reminds me, Bush is about to put so much $$$ into something like marriage counselor education. Well, he's gonna try, he proposed it to Congress. That makes me happy. Means I might have a job when I graduate for sure. My parents always seemed leary about what I wanted to do. But, hello, with 50% of the American population being divorced...something needs to be done. Of course, I also really dislike Bush cause of his ideas that there should be a law that makes marriage a lawful union between only a man and a woman. I hate the fact that 2 people who are REALLY in love and have a good, strong, committed relationship cannot receive the protection and benefits that a union between a man and a woman receives. In reality, the only thing that proves marriage is a piece of paper. But, in the psychological sense... that ceremony, that piece of paper, those rings...they mean so much more.

I talked to Sarah the last 2 days. I finally let go of my whole "I'm not gonna cry" thing and let it out Wednesday night. I felt so much better in a way. The weird thing was, it wasn't really triggered by anything major. She said her teacher was her best friend ever and something else, it got to me, but....now... I don't know. Anyways, she apologized. I don't think she should have in a way, it's how she felt, no need to omit it or lie. I just told her I'd rather be 2nd place than not in the rankings. That also made me decide I am never having a 'best' friend again. I will have innermost circle of friends. My friends will be arranged in circles that are in levels. Level 1 - innermost. Circles have no beginning, no end, completely equal all the way around. It's so weird to talk to her now. And sometimes I feel like I've changed when I talk to her. Cause, she'll say something and act in this manner that... I think she used to... and now... it's just not the same. Maybe I haven't and she has. Or perhaps we both have.

I think one of my fav things said about it all was what Shorty had to say, lol. Thanks for that.

I talked to Eric tonight, that was fun. It's kinda funny all the different subjects we'll cover. Meh, there are somethings we talked about that were interesting, but I don't know if I feel like typing them all out at the moment. Perhaps I will later.

I also got a voice recorder thingy for my stupid history class. And I FINALLY found the soundtrack I've been wanting for about 3 weeks now. Freaky Friday. It's got some really really awesome covers. "Happy Together" originally by The Turtles but now by Simple Plan, "What I like about You" originally by ----- now by Lillix (they rock), "Baby One More Time" originally by Britney Spears but now by Bowling For Soup, and "What A Wonderful World" originally by Louis Armstrong now by Joey Ramone. Anyways, I have to reread something in history. The readings from this one book are so incoherent and just boring that I was starting to fall asleep.

ARGH, silly pop-ups!!! *smacks them with bopper thing*

© Copyright 2004 TrueSoul137 (UN: truesoul137 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TrueSoul137 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/273077-Torn