*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/273634-Its-Good-to-be-a-Dog
by fregin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #764092
life and other extraneous info
#273634 added January 20, 2004 at 11:19pm
Restrictions: None
It's Good to be a Dog
Remember the days when you were a kid and the presidential address screwed up the entire TV night? We only had 6 channels, and the address was on the primary three. You were left with PBS, FOX, and what is now the WB. FOX and the WB were not quite the powerhouses they are today. In fact, they were barely a step up from PBS. You could watch educational programming or really bad B-movies.

Well, the address is still around, but now we have satellite TV, so even though as adults, we should show interest in what the President has to say, we can just catch the highlights on Letterman later tonight!

Now, while the address was going on, my dog kinda hovered around his dish, very politely, mind you, but the message was clear..."Want food!"

My mom comes in the room where my dad and I are watching TV and chuckles as she relays how my dog actually looks embarrassed to seem that demanding.

My dad whips his head up and looks at my mom, then at me, then back to my mom. "I've been hovering around the kitchen all night and nobody wants to feed me!"

You just have to know Dad. I'm not sure it's possible to put him into words, but if I can figure it out, I'll actually have enough writing material to last me for life.

He then, in a very sulky fashion, depicted his ideal life, which was basically to switch places with my dog. He wants to sleep all day, have people get him food and water, get some good treats now and then, get pet all the time, have people constantly tell him he's pretty and a good boy, and basically have no concerns other than to make himself comfortable. That's Dad in a nutshell.

© Copyright 2004 fregin (UN: fregin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fregin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/273634-Its-Good-to-be-a-Dog