*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/275389-December-17-2003-cloud9
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
December 17, 2003: cloud9

Newsletter Header
Noticing Newbies


Table of Contents

1. About this Newsletter
2. A Word from our Sponsor
3. Letter from the Editor
4. Editor's Picks
5. A Word from Writing.Com
6. Ask & Answer
7. Removal instructions

About This Newsletter

Welcome to the Noticing Newbies Newsletter! Our goal is to showcase some of our newest Writing.Com Authors and their items. From poetry and stories to creative polls and interactives, we'll bring you a wide variety of items to enjoy. We will also feature "how to" advice and items that will help to jump start the creation process on Writing.com.

We hope all members of the site take the time to read, rate, review and welcome our new authors. By introducing ourselves, reviewing items and reaching out, we will not only make them feel at home within our community, we just might make new friends!


This week's editor is Beyond the Cloud9 .
Word from our sponsor


Passionate about writing?
Take your passion to new heights - with an online Master of Fine Arts in
Creative Writing
, available only from top ranked National University. Choose
workshops based on your interests. Work with experienced and published faculty.
Prepare for a variety of career opportunities. Use a state-of-the art online system:
Study where and when you want.
Click here to get more information!


Letter from the editor



~*~*Snow2*~*~*Snow2*~*~*Snow2*~*~*Snow2*~*~


Ah, the holidays! The weather turns cooler and some folks get snow. Here in my part of Texas, USA, we only get the occasional frost or icy day! The weather is so warm at times, I tend to change the words to some Christmas carols that talk about snow.
For instance: “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas,” (sing along with me, please), “Just like the ones I never knew!”
And there’s the old favorite, “Let it Snow” which I’ve been known to change to “Let’s just go!” when having to visit with the in-laws.
There is a portion of “Winter Wonderland” that talks about conspiring while dreaming by the fire. The Texas version of that is, ”Later on we’ll perspire as we sit by the fire.”

Speaking of music and carols, I read a story about a child with a musical gift. You might want to read it also.

*Snow1*
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#788250 by Not Available.


With the lack of cold and snow, I love to read a good snow filled story! I’ve always loved the classic tale of “Frosty the Snowman.” I’ve managed to meander around the site and find a Newbie who has written a snow-filled story.

*Snow3*
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#788625 by Not Available.


This magical story is full of angelic imagry. I could feel the cold outside and was glad the author placed the story indoors where it was warm!

Another thing I love about this time of year is all the baking that takes place. I cannot cook well at all (my husband can vouch for that). I’ve thrown many a meal in the trash after mutilating it on the stove. I even had an email address once called “badcook.” Although I cannot cook well, I am an excellent baker! I love the childhood memories of baking Christmas cookies with Mom. We rolled the dough and cut them into fun shapes, then later decorated them with icing and a variety of edible sprinkles. I can still smell those cookies baking!

*Snow2*
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#788621 by Not Available.


This author has written about one of my favorite memories (except that the memory is not mine)...cookies! You won’t regret taking time out to read this. Be prepared to have the urge to bake afterwards...(now where’s that rolling pin?).

I also love the wonderful colors and lights of the holiday season. Some people simply put up a small tree, decorated with a few lights and ornaments. While others go the elaborate route, stringing their houses and yards with lights until it looks like something from the movie, “Christmas Vacation.” Nevertheless, the lights and displays are beautiful to look at.

*Snow1*
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#788639 by Not Available.


This author has pointed out that some see the lights a little differently. I was impressed, not only by the poem, but of the point made.

Every child that is accustomed to receiving gifts on Christmas, is filled with anticipation of the day. As we grow older we realize it’s not about the gifts, but about The Gift, who is Love, and the giving of ourselves. The gift giving tradition does make for some lovely memories, as expressed beautifully in this poem.

*Snow3*
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#780524 by Not Available.


Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all, and to all a good night!

But wait...there’s more!! Check out these authors and their writings which made an impression on me. I'm sure they made it on Santa's "Nice" list!

*hugs*
Beyond the Cloud9


Editor's Picks

noticing newbies - newsletter header



~*~*Snow2*~*~*Snow2*~*~*Snow2*~*~*Snow2*~*~


*Snow1*This is a life or death situation....
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#788693 by Not Available.


*Snow2*Lord of the Rings – Return of the King is released this month (where I live)! Being a fan, I can’t go without recognizing this excellent poem!
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#788741 by Not Available.


*Snow3*This 14 year old author from Scotland is writing beyond her years! This particular poem is in a traditional style.
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#783741 by Not Available.


*Snow1*Last I checked, this author only had two items in their port, but both were well worth reading! Not to be missed!
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#782782 by Not Available.


*Snow2*This author takes a serious subject and produces wit, humor, and a story you won’t forget!
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#780029 by Not Available.


*Snow3*This is not what you think! A great surprise ending!
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#783594 by Not Available.


*Snow1*This is only one of the wonderful writings of this author!
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#779153 by Not Available.


*Snow2*Ever wonder what is going through that silent child’s mind? Read and find out.
Speak Up Child  (13+)
A poem about wanting a voice but not speaking in defense of self-preservation.
#782890 by stefanirose



~*~*Snow2*~*~*Snow2*~*~*Snow2*~*~*Snow2*~*~


 
Submit an item for consideration in this newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Word from Writing.Com

Have an opinion on what you've read here today? Then send the Editor feedback! Find an item that you think would be perfect for showcasing here? Submit it for consideration in the newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Don't forget to support our sponsor!
%%NL_AD_BOT%%

Ask & Answer

Do you have a question or comment for the editor? You may fill out the feedback link below or email me or any of my fellow newsletter editors. We'd love to hear from you!

esprit
bianca_b
amawitch

Thanks for reading the Writing.com Noticing Newbies Newsletter. See ya next time!

 
Have a question or comment for the Editor?
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Removal Instructions

To stop receiving this newsletter, go into your account and remove the check from the box beside the specific topic. Be sure to click "Complete Edit" or it will not save your changes.

Maintained by The StoryMistress   
Created: 02-02-04 @ 1:43am | Modified: 02-02-04 @ 1:43am      

Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/275389-December-17-2003-cloud9