*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/275394-January-21-2004-amawitch
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
January 21, 2004: amawitch

Newsletter Header
Noticing Newbies


Table of Contents

1. About this Newsletter
2. A Word from our Sponsor
3. Letter from the Editor
4. Editor's Picks
5. A Word from Writing.Com
6. Ask & Answer
7. Removal instructions

About This Newsletter

Welcome to the Noticing Newbies Newsletter! Our goal is to showcase some of our newest Writing.Com Authors and their items. From poetry and stories to creative polls and interactives, we'll bring you a wide variety of items to enjoy. We will also feature "how to" advice and items that will help to jump start the creation process on Writing.com.

We hope all members of the site take the time to read, rate, review and welcome our new authors. By introducing ourselves, reviewing items and reaching out, we will not only make them feel at home within our community, we just might make new friends!

This week's editor is amawitch

Word from our sponsor


Passionate about writing?
Take your passion to new heights - with an online Master of Fine Arts in
Creative Writing
, available only from top ranked National University. Choose
workshops based on your interests. Work with experienced and published faculty.
Prepare for a variety of career opportunities. Use a state-of-the art online system:
Study where and when you want.
Click here to get more information!


Letter from the editor

noticing newbies - newsletter header

Hi,*Smile*
Welcome!!! Don't you just love it here!!!!! As you notice that was not really a question but a statement, and that is one thing that I have been learning to do. Puncuation is my worst grammer problem, as I tend to use " ' " after every " s", and I also tend to use "?" marks after every sentence that asks a question, even if the question is really just a statement. Did that make sense? But by writing and allowing other members to read and rate my work, I am slowly learning to either eliminate all puncuation *Smile*, or to correct myself becoming a better and more clear writer. I have been practicing, so I thought I would also encourage all of you to take a look at your work, and decide if you could have used a comma here, or a different word, maybe even eliminating a word, and of course those little things I do believe are under the heading of "proofing" your stuff.

If you are even remotely like me though, you just start writing in a feverious "is that a word?" state, and save it, going onto the next thing that spring's from the depth's of your creativity. And that my friends, is why I love Writing.Com. Because if I forget, a gentle reader will help me go back and fix it!!! Again, welcome to all of you, do not hesitate to ask a question, get some help, practice something new!


Wind beneath your wings*Kiss*

amawitch
noticing newbies committee sig
Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.





Editor's Picks

Highlighting Newbie BioBlocks*Smile*


Welcome to Writing.Com, Newbies. I want to welcome these Newbies and encourage them and of course all of you to please take the time to fill in your Bio-Block. It gives us an introduction to you and helps to give us an idea of who you are!!! *Smile*

Your Bio-Block can always be changed, updated. It can be serious, humorous, or just silly. Its your introduction to us, so come on all you Newbie's out there, let us in on who you are!

Here are some Newbies I found interesting. I read their work, and found myself very entertained. Please give them a read and consider posting your own "welcome mat" in your Newbie Bio-Block.

~~Say hello to~~~


deathtothepoet

turner87andrea

rdlf

wizli

nero

ponypoet4

derekbacon

rustiegrl

nikkipheonix

cynlee

lmwashington*Smile*, I am from Washington also!!!






My computer has been buried, so I am thankfully using a "friends". It makes it difficult to be on for the hours and hours I got used to being here and visiting and reading. But fortunatly for me my "friend" allowed me several hours this past week to read all the wonderful new things here. I am constantly amazed at the talent we have here in our special community. So, if you think I am not here, think again, I am, just in shorter amounts at a time. Please enjoy these contributions from some of the very talented writer's who have joined us..
Write On!


*Star*
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

I read this one over and over.


*Star*
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

This New member has an interesting way of putting things.


*Star*
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

*Smile* Just read it!


(e:star}*Star**Star*
 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

The reason for three star's is not only is this member a Newbie, but the contribution is useful, helpful, educational, and above all else, easily understood. Thank you.


Till next time, read, write, be happy! *Kiss*
Wind beneath your wings all,
amawitch
noticing newbies committee sig
Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.



 
Submit an item for consideration in this newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Word from Writing.Com

Have an opinion on what you've read here today? Then send the Editor feedback! Find an item that you think would be perfect for showcasing here? Submit it for consideration in the newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Don't forget to support our sponsor!
%%NL_AD_BOT%%

Ask & Answer

No questions really this month, but I did want to paste a remark I recieved from a New Member to show you all, we really do listen!!!! *Smile* Thanks you all for all the support you give us editor's, and dont forget to write!!!

> Date: 28-Dec-2003 12:59:08 -0500
> From: boondocker <boondocker@Writing.Com>
> To: <amawitch@Writing.Com>
> Subject: YOUR KIND REVIEW
>
> Thank you for your review. A new member, I'm delighed to see reader
> responce.
> Just spurs me on to the next one!

Just gives me warm fuzzy's. Till next time Write ON!
Amawitch


 
Have a question or comment for the Editor?
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Removal Instructions

To stop receiving this newsletter, go into your account and remove the check from the box beside the specific topic. Be sure to click "Complete Edit" or it will not save your changes.

Maintained by The StoryMistress   
Created: 02-02-04 @ 1:45am | Modified: 02-02-04 @ 1:45am      

Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/275394-January-21-2004-amawitch