*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/275473-Did-I-really-say-that
by Zaring
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #809654
A journal for my life. Inspired by Wannabe's DWC.
#275473 added March 6, 2004 at 1:53pm
Restrictions: None
Did I really say that?
Ya know how sometimes you make a comment and immediately wish you could take it back?

You know the ones. Where an image of Jeff Foxworthy pops into your mind and you can just see him saying "Here's your sign!"

Saturday night, a young lady was coming around the corner at a higher rate of speed than she should have been going. Her car hit the curb and both driver side tires blew. She limped her vehicle onto my lot and parked it right over my underground gas tanks.

When I arrived Monday morning, I saw the location of the car. Realizing they would be unable to deliver my gas, I called and had the car towed away. Several hours later, she arrived with a policeman. Apparently, she believed her car had been stolen. She came in the store wanting to know where her car was? I informed her I had it towed because they wouldn’t be able to deliver my gas with her parked over the tanks. I proceeded to give her the name and number of the towing company.

She informed me they were delivering gas Saturday night when she parked it there. (umm, that’s another story though) I told her I guess I got lucky on that load, normally they will not drop the fuel with a vehicle there. She exited the store fuming mad.

A little while later the officer came into the store. I looked at him and without missing a beat I said, "She mad 'cause I had her car towed?" The way the officer looked at me, I knew without a doubt he was thinking "Here's your sign!" But that’s not what he said. He said, “Yeah, I think so!” I know he wanted to put a DUH in front of it!

I wanted to crawl under the counter! Instead, I just looked down at the floor humiliated, and walked back to my office.
© Copyright 2004 Zaring (UN: ginafry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Zaring has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/275473-Did-I-really-say-that