*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/276130-Bombshell
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #737885
The Journal of Someone who Squandered away Years but wishes to redeem them in the present
#276130 added February 6, 2004 at 4:36am
Restrictions: None
Bombshell
I'm back in Colorado.
Have been since about Jan. 25.
Jean had been having right side pain and weakness while I was gone. We met in New Jersey for a vacation, me driving up from Maryland after the trip was done. Jean was so bad off she couldn't go anywhere, really. Headaches, weakness, numbness, tingling. She thought she'd had a stroke. TOok her to a doctor in New Jersey; not a stroke.
Took her to the doctor in Colorado when we got back.
He sent us for a CT scan. They called us in two days later to tell us the results in person.

Brain tumor.
Fast growing.
Cancer.

I'm out of practice writing right now. So I don't know how to put everything down. And I cannot put everything down, because I don't have the time.

Jean had a biopsy yesterday. She's home now and I'm doing everything in my power to provide care, support, and to carry on the house while she takes the first step of this life or death fight.

I just don't have time to write things down.

It is never too late to be what you might have been. -- George Eliot
Courage to start and willingness to keep everlasting at it are the requisites for success. -- Alonzo Newton Benn

© Copyright 2004 Heliodorus04 (UN: prodigalson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Heliodorus04 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/276130-Bombshell