*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/276217-Lemonerr-Car-For-Sale
by Zaring
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #809654
A journal for my life. Inspired by Wannabe's DWC.
#276217 added March 6, 2004 at 2:13pm
Restrictions: None
Lemon...err Car For Sale
I’ve been a Ford person all my life. My dad would probably roll over in his grave if he knew that.

I bought by my first lemon...err Chevy one year ago this past Christmas. I had to have it towed a week later. New Years Eve to be exact.

In the past year it has been at the dealership so many times it’s just ridiculous! I have had to have a new thermostat put in, a new A/C compressor, the driver side window motor replaced, the driver side window motor repaired....on and on and on. (Thank God for warranty and extended warranty!)

This past Saturday I took the car in to renew the inspection sticker. The technician that was inspecting the lemon...err car, told me he had a very sensitive smell for electrical issues. He proceeded to inform me that there was definitely a hot wire issue and I should be getting it to the dealership.

Yes it passed inspection. The state doesn’t care if it catches on fire. They only care if the windshield wipers aren’t in mint condition.

That’s another thing, when did windshield wipers go up to $40 bucks?

Anyway...$90.00 later between inspection and wiper blades, I was allowed to leave with my car that may (or may not) be on fire by the time I got home.

Gary is a service consultant at the Chevrolet dealership. He and I have become buds. I call the dealership and ask for Gary, he asks what time he can pick it up. He’s awesome! He works around me getting the company money to the bank and he always makes sure it’s back by the time I want to go home.

I'll miss Gary and the family! But I have got to go back to Ford. Fix or repair daily? That's what they used to say! But I tell ya, mine was fine for 6 years until the mechanic forgot to replace the oil that he had just emptied! (I now watch to make sure the new mechanic puts oil in it before he starts it up.)

I know that my dearest fiance’ prefers Chevy, and that is fine if it works for him. But I’m compelled to stay with what’s always worked for me...I see a new F150 in my future!
© Copyright 2004 Zaring (UN: ginafry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Zaring has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/276217-Lemonerr-Car-For-Sale