*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/277011-Someone-Get-me-Coffee-Please
by Zaring
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #809654
A journal for my life. Inspired by Wannabe's DWC.
#277011 added March 6, 2004 at 3:30pm
Restrictions: None
Someone Get me Coffee Please!
What to write about today...Well geeze, enough happened yesterday to write a book about..

I could go back to, “What do you do by 9:00am?” But this continued until about 10:30, so it doesn’t really fit.

You already know I had the irate customer that couldn’t figure out how he could fit 17 gallons of gas into a 16 gallon tank.

Then the manual credit card imprint machine wasn’t working right, so I put in a work order to have it replaced . Now, that alone could be a story. But not right now!

Oh, and remember the girl that won $500.00 on the $1.00 scratch off ticket and still couldn‘t afford the buck for the American Heart Association? She came back very upset that she had been unable to cash the draft I had written her. She informed me that she was unable to go shopping over the weekend because the bank wouldn’t cash it.

I must put in here, that it was about this time I just had to say “Coffee please? I need more coffee!” I went to the coffee pot an filled up my cup.

In case you don’t know, And I can assure you, I only found out after making a phone call as to why she had been unable to cash it. A draft is similar to a check. The difference being, you have no choice but to deposit a draft into your bank account. It takes about 10 days for it to clear your account. So if you win any big money, take it to a grocery store or to the local lottery office for payment. Otherwise you won’t get the money for a few days.

Note here: If you win more than a hundred dollars on a lottery ticket, chances are real good that a convenience store doesn’t keep that kind of money in the cash register. Umm, ever heard of armed robberies?

Moving on...I’ve lived at the same address for 9 years. I’ve been with the same company for right at five years. Everyone that I have spoke with, has received their W-2 forms except for me. My employees as well as the other managers, have already filed their tax returns and are getting their refunds. I keep watching the mail and calling payroll.

In the process of the mayhem that was going on yesterday morning, payroll finally called to inform me they had received my W-2’s back. I asked why. She proceeded to tell me that the computer software had knocked off part of my address and she hadn’t realized it.

Mind you, I have a rather long street address...But I always have! Apparently they had received several back as undeliverable over the weekend. She asked me if I wanted her to put it in this weeks payroll packet so I would have it Friday?

I wanted to scream, “Yes!" I mean, why don’t they do that in the first place? But, I merely told her that would be nice. Maybe I’ll finally get to complete my taxes this weekend!

I could go on and on...but I find myself ranting apposed to writing a funny story.

So, I’ll just conclude with...Welcome to my life!
© Copyright 2004 Zaring (UN: ginafry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Zaring has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/277011-Someone-Get-me-Coffee-Please