*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/277533-I-love-music
by fregin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #764092
life and other extraneous info
#277533 added February 14, 2004 at 2:12am
Restrictions: None
I love music!
Recently, I downloaded Musicmatch, a site that allows me to store all my music and purchase singles or whole albums. I love the whole idea that I have a "music library"! I have been raiding all my friends' CD collections and compiling this huge amount of music.

I got a new CD player in my car for X-mas that also plays MP3s, so I was excited to begin putting all this music together and having whatever song I want to hear immediatley at my disposal.

I also have these big plans to arrange my music onto MP3s so that I can have compilation discs of all my favorite songs. The only catch is that this takes a huge amount of time to do! And, I'm not sure how thrilled I am about the lower quality of the sound of MP3s.

Well, another catch, I guess, is that I now have so much music that it's almost overwhelming. See, I buy a CD and I like to take my time getting a feel, you could say, for each song. I like to learn the words and absorb the rhythm. Some songs I like instantly; the first few notes and I'm hooked. With other songs, I need to hear the combination of the music and the lyrics to see if the song really speaks to me in some way. However, I never just listen once and decide. I know that just because a song is different than my normal taste doesn't mean I won't be open to it if I just give it a chance.

So, you can imagine that with all this new music (and some old stuff that I had just forgotten about but need time to get reaquainted with), it's almost too much stimulation! I find myself just looking through all the music (kinda like a rich person must do with his money) and smiling at all the good stuff!

© Copyright 2004 fregin (UN: fregin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fregin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/277533-I-love-music