*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/277581-Just-in
by Zaring
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #809654
A journal for my life. Inspired by Wannabe's DWC.
#277581 added March 6, 2004 at 4:32pm
Restrictions: None
Just in
I worked with Justin today...(Trust me, that’s a statement in itself!)

It’s always a hoot to work with him!

Let me give you some background here. Justin is the lead singer in a band named Blind Ambition. He’s very talented and I wish him and the guys the best of luck in their endeavors.

While he’s an attractive man, he’s also 32 going on 22 trust me, he knows this! But he is just a blast to be around. Everyone loves him, even officer Butler refuses to arrest him for his two un-paid speeding tickets. He, as well as other officers and Sheriffs come into the store when they see Justin’s van there. They come in because they need a laugh. Justin is more than capable of making them laugh!

They usually start off by saying something like, “You pay those tickets yet boy?” Or, “You still don’t have that inspection sticker taken care of?” Then Justin will start his spill of excuses. I could give you a scenario of the excuses, but then this wouldn’t be a family show. His colorful vocabulary would shoot the rating through the roof.

The first few days I worked with him, I thought my ears would never stop stinging. I have now, somehow grown immune to it and accept that it’s just part of who he is. He does try to watch it a little more when I’m around, but he’s never very successful.

Anyway, then they're the pretty girls... I swear when that van is on the lot, every girl from 18 to 25 (with a nice build and long hair) start coming out of the wood work. I mean, I’ve never seen anything like it! Justin can get more phone numbers in one 8 hour shift than most guys get in a month. Even one of the hearts that he sold for the American Heart Association has a girls phone number on the back. I kid you not, I find phone numbers under the registers, on the counters, clipboards...they’re everywhere.

I told him I was going to have to get him a little book to start keeping them in. This is another reason Justin wants me to be the band manager. I have “his type” down to a science. He thinks it would be great if I could weed through all the ladies and only let “his type” get near him.

OK, moving on. You really can’t mistake Justin’s van! It’s an older model, forest green in color. But in very large red letters (outlined in white) brazened down both sides is, Blind Ambition.

He parks it out on the farthest corner of the lot, to promote the band. Yeah right!

I got a little nervous today, when a constable from a nearby town stopped in. Especially since it happened to be the same town Justin got one of the ticket’s in. He’s one to just tell it like it is! Sometimes I have to just tell him to shut up.

The Constable came in for a Dr Pepper, Justin proceeds to ask him what the difference is between a Sheriff and a Constable. The Constable tells him. Justin asks him if he is there to deliver a warrant to him for his speeding tickets? The Constable said “Maybe, what’s your name?”

I was back in my office with the monitor turned up. I knew immediately I had better do something to intervene or my cashier may be going away for the weekend.

Justin covered up his name tag and the Constable said “Justin?” I came flying around the corner saying “We call him just in.” The Constable laughed and they proceeded to chit chat about the tickets and the warrants. Jokingly, the Constable asked me if I wanted him to take him or leave him. I said “Leave him please!” He smiled and went back to work.

I glared at Justin, he just laughed like he always does.

He did ask me to schedule him a weekend off at my convenience (and between gigs) so he could go turn himself in. The cops want him at the store during the week. They enjoy his comical attitude.

OK. That’s enough for today. Maybe I’ll tell you the rest tomorrow. Or, maybe something else will come up. Who knows what will happen next in My Life.
© Copyright 2004 Zaring (UN: ginafry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Zaring has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/277581-Just-in