*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/278275-At-My-Grandmews-House
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #800641
My book. Does it have any possiblities, or not?
#278275 added April 3, 2004 at 1:16am
Restrictions: None
At My Grandmews' House
Mews, Dear Human

It is spring at last, and the Spring Holidays are here. Mewma and Pawpa went on a short working vacation to Ailurophilia. Pawpa wanted to go to the Agriculture Show and buy new plants for the farm. Mewma wanted to shop for material for her quilts.

I spent the week at my Grandpaw Tata’s and Grandmew Eena’s house in Morning Dale. Morning Dale is a tiny town near Golden Lake. There is only one main street in town. There is a mercantile store, and a little restaurant where you can eat divine tuna tacos and catnip soup. Both are local delicacies. There is a tiny little temple that is quite pretty. It has stained glass windows. There is also an ice cream store and a grooming parlor. And there is a Kittengarden, where very young kitts can go to school. Finally, there is a rather large Bed and Breakfast called the Morning Dale Valley Inn. It seems funny to have a Bed and Breakfast in such a small town, but a lot of tourists like to stay there when they are visiting Golden Lake. They think Morning Dale is quaint.

My Grandpurrs live in a lovely old house. It is quite small, but I like it a lot. It has two little bedrooms. One is their room, and the other is Grandmew’s sewing room, with a little daybed. That is where I sleep when I visit. The living room is so cute. There is a rocking chair for Grandmew, and a big stuffed easy chair for Grandpaw, and a couch for visitors. There are shades and dainty lace curtains on the window. In the afternoon the sun comes in and makes patterns on the linoleum covered floors. Then I like to sit and look out at the orchards in the valley.

Grandpaw Tata has a big garden with rows and rows or strawberries, which I dearly love to eat. We picked strawberries one day, and Grandmew Eena made shortcake and whipped cream. Oh, mew, dear Human, it was absolutely divine. I think my Grandpaw has the best strawberries anywhere.

I think I like the kitchen best. Grandmew Eena spends lots of time there, cooking and baking. She let me help. We made catnip crème puffs and Choconip Icebox Cookies. I got to lick the bowls.

When Grandmew Eena isn’t in the kitchen, she is sewing. She showed me how to use her sewing machine, and helped me make a dress for myself. It is a lovely dress. The material is lavender, and there are tiny kitts and flowers on it. I trimmed the dress with red rickrack. I am going to wear it to school.

On the last night that I was there, we walked downtown and had ice cream.

Someday I am going to have a house just like my Grandpurrs.



© Copyright 2004 Cynaemon (UN: noelanicat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cynaemon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/278275-At-My-Grandmews-House