*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/278477-Snowstuck
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #464720
You supply the reading. I'll supply the writing.
#278477 added February 21, 2004 at 2:14pm
Restrictions: None
Snowstuck
Hi all you lucky free roaming Thumb readers out there. As this entry's title suggests...I'm snowed in. Literally. Being a Canadian I've seen plenty of snowstorms in the past. The icestorm was particularly memorable being both very beautiful and very dangerous.

This recent storm set records in the province where I live for the amount of snow that fell during the blizzard. Waist deep. Deeper in the snow drifts. That's waaaaaaaaaaay too much damn snow to handle at one time. It's gonna take me days to dig out. I usually don't mind shovelling but I'm running out of places to put it all. Around my house I've dug WW1 style trenches with chest and head high banks on either side. I understand my province has declared a state of emergency. I don't think they even did that when last fall's hurricane slammed us, ripping off arena and barn's roofs, sinking ships, doing hundreds of millions of dollars damage and killing four people.

Most snowplows weren't moving during this storm. Only a few roads have been plowed so far and I understand the Mounties will ticket any cars on them unless they're emergency vehicles.

Hmmmmmm. I don't want to give the wrong impression. This freak snow, the hurricane and the ice storm have all been once in a lifetime occurrences. God usually leaves us alone up here where I live. No tornados, riots, disease causing ticks, earthquakes, smog, traffic, volcanos, packs of man eating radishes, floods (well that's not entirely true...we did get a bad one last year in some places but I can't recall any others offhand) no posionous critters of any kind, no gangs (that I'm aware of...except for a Hell's Angel chapter in the biggest city with six members) or crocodiles in our rivers. We did get our first case of rabies several years ago. I must keep reminding myself about all this when I'm back outside shovelling in a few minutes. It will probably be several days before life can get back to normal around here again. Endless hours of shovelling tends to make me a tad whiney. That and doing poorly on trivia quizzes...but I best not get into that right now.

This has been a moany kinda entry so far hasn't it? *Confused* I must remember I've created a superhero Thumbsucker persona to uphold. Nobody likes their idols to go on and on do they? No. So no more drivel. How about some quick contest talk then? Superheros can plug contests can't they? I didn't see anything against it in my superhero handbook.

The contest VW and I have been working on is pretty well ready to go. (Hi Bug) *Bigsmile* Only a few more minor things to take care of...like trying to figure out the best way to award the winners with their bowl of spicey squid and seaweed stew and various nonillegal ways we can punish the losers. (I'm thinking they'll get a bucket of spicey squid and seaweed stew instead)

I suppose it's about time I get back to making this world a better place to live in. I'll check with my handy dandy villian detector and superhero memo reminder thing-a-ma-jig and see where I'm needed most.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Apparently the best way to promote the cause of good and smite the wicked is to start by shovelling more WW1 style trenches. That can't be right. Stupid handy dandy villian detector and superhero memo reminder thing-a-ma-jig. I think I've just thought of another contest prize VW and I can award.

Bye for now.

Thumb



Like some snow? Feel free to help yourself.





** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only ** ** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor
"Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor

© Copyright 2004 Thumbsucker (UN: thumbsucker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Thumbsucker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/278477-Snowstuck