*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/278878-Prologue
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: XGC · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #817214
just begun, graphic novel about mythical creatures living in the modern world
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#278878 added April 17, 2004 at 11:05pm
Restrictions: None
Prologue
OtherKin, Prologue

         There is an underbelly to the mortal realm that few know of, a world of arcane arts, of creatures good, evil and fantastic. Myths and legends reside there, hidden from the mortal realm by misinformation, disbelief and the Agnarr. Despite this, occasionally the worlds collide, sometimes its an unwary OtherKin exposing itself to the mortal realm. Sometimes its a mortal either through luck or investigation finding his or her way into things best left alone. When these worlds do collide Styrr Ulfer or one of his Clan aren't usually to far behind.

         Since before those first apes came out of their tree's to walk upright across the plains of Africa, other creatures roamed, lived, fought and died. Creatures every bit as intelligent as all the predecessors of modern man. Mans great advantage was its short life and rapid spreading of its seed throughout the world. An Otherkin could sleep for ages, and wake to a totally different landscape. There are so many forms of OtherKin that to name them would be of little importance. Some types died off before mans first steps, others evolved into several branches of once was one. Some are 'immortal' and so rare that they are unknown even to myth. Others seem immortal but will eventually die through natural means though man couln't count the years. No creature, mortal or immortal is immune to death through violence however, though it may seem so with some types. Even some mortals seem indestructable at times, surviving the worst the world has to offer. Some OtherKin can look no different than an average mortal human, others couldn't pass for human no matter what kinds of disguise or surgical alteration they might try.

         Even the term OtherKin is a misnomer, indicating a type, where in actuallity its a catchphrase for those creatures that are termed unnatural by human standards. Werewolves and Vampires, dragons and mermaids are all members of the OtherKin among many many other creatures. This is the story of those in the middle, The Agnarr, an old Norse term meaning roughly Disciplined Warrior, keep the lines between the two worlds blurry. Members of both OtherKin and Humanity make up the ranks of the Agnarr. They span the globe, people see them daily without knowing, and they occupy all levels of life, cops, prostitutes, soldiers, and used car salesmen. Streat people, clergy and billionairs, any and every walk of life could and more than likely does have the Agnarr within it.

         Ever watchfull, ever vigilant, the Agnarr act quickly to stem problems between the realms. They spend their lives dearly, keeping the balance between the mortal and OtherKin worlds. For if they ever did collide on a grand scale, one or both would perish in the flames of fear, bigotry, hatred and ignorance.












Lochnaar
Life's a wave, grab a board!
© Copyright 2004 Lochnaar (UN: lochnaar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lochnaar has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/278878-Prologue