*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/279908-A-Glimpse-Into-the-Future
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #800641
My book. Does it have any possiblities, or not?
#279908 added April 3, 2004 at 1:42am
Restrictions: None
A Glimpse Into the Future
Mews, Dear Human,

Having read Primmy’s journal, Shazon and I decided to share our journals with one another. I greatly enjoyed reading Shazon’s journal. She has such an interesting view on things. She is always so rambunctious, and she likes to jump into everything with all four paws. But this is really her way of covering up a much more serious and shy side. You wouldn’t think Shazon was shy. She also spends a lot of time thinking. And she has such a deep desire to help others. Shazon has a lot of love to share with the world. I just hope that the world will realize that. I love my friend Shazon very much, and I know we will always be friends.

And here is an excerpt from Shazon’s journal.

Mews, Dear Diary, Mimsy and I have just finished reading our journals. I am glad that Mims decided to share hers with me. My friend Mimeenah is so sweet and shy and innocent, sometimes she doesn’t see what is right in front of her. Of course, I know that her Mewm and Pawp try to protect her from many things. I always knew that Mimsy was very special, but it was after we went to tea at the Palace that I realized just how special she was. I don’t think she realizes it, but someday she will be the ruler of Catuary. I KNOW that she will.

A Glimpse Into the Future

Well, it was quite a year for the young Mimeenah. How difficult our early years seem. But as she grew and learned she did realize how lucky she was. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could all have such idyllic kittenhoods?

Mimeenah and her friend Shazon, and her many cousins, did grow up, and they had many wonderful times, dancing and dreaming and playing and learning. Life in Catuary in those days flowed along in a timeless happiness that is so often missing from today’s world. New Kitts took the place of the growing kitts.

Mimeenah grew up and went off to attend college at the prestigious CLAW University. Shortly after she left home, her old Pawpa fell and broke his leg. Unable to keep the farm up, he retired, leaving it to Mim’s cousin, Kona. Mim’s Mewm and Pawp moved into a small cottage on the Palace grounds that they enjoyed very much. Her Pawp kept a small garden, and also helped around the palace grounds as a gardener. He seemed happiest when he was puttering around, digging in the earth. For her Mewm it was a chance to go home to the palace where she had grown up.

Mimeenah visited often, and was delighted for her parents and their happiness. Then in her last year at the University, tragedy struck. Both of her parents were killed in a train accident. Mimeenah was beside herself with grief and sorrow. Shortly before her graduation, her beloved friend, the Princess also died. Mimeenah felt she had nothing left in Catuary, so after her graduation, she left to work and live in a big city.

Her friend Shazon also graduated and went off to live in the world of humans. There she worked in a job that helped other cats. After many years she finally went back to Catuary.
She fell in love with the handsome Loganberry, and the two were wed-winked, and are still very happy together.

Mimeenah and Shazon remained the best of friends, but gradually they lost touch with one another.

Mimeenah spent many years in the city, but she never found true happiness there. Then one Christmas something happened that changed all of that. She knew it was it was time to go back home.

And there we leave Mimeenah fow now. What happened to change her mind and send her back to her beloved Catuary? What did she find when she arrived? And what did she do?

Epilogue: I would like to thank Wannabe for this contest. This has been something I have wanted to write for a long time. Although this has been written as a daily journal, the events in the story have actually taken place over the period of one year in the life of our young heroine, Mimeenah. I hope you will come back and read the story once it has been edited.

Purrs, Mim

(725words)

© Copyright 2004 Cynaemon (UN: noelanicat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cynaemon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/279908-A-Glimpse-Into-the-Future