*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/283797-Friends
by Bek
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #569921
Looking for Drama??? Well you found it. There's a bit of it all here....read along!
#283797 added March 27, 2004 at 7:58pm
Restrictions: None
Friends......
You know....there comes a point in our lives where we sit back and we re-evaluate things in our lives. Our jobs, our friends, our way of life. And you know....nearly everytime I get to thinking about things....I learn something awesome. Lately, I have been re-evaluating my life. I've left my job with US Beef Corp, and moved onto Zenil&Co. I love my new job. I love myself a lot more too. I am able to hold my head high, knowing that I am working my butt off for someone who thinks of me as a person....not just an employee number. I've looked at my way of life...and I am entirely undecided about a few things, stubborn on others, and have given up on other things. That'll come in time though. My friends? I've, once again, realized that the friends I so completly depended on last year are for the most part not even associating with me any more. And the people who existed in my life last year as "friends" (more so familiar people, but not sooo close to me as my friends are)are now rotating themselves into my life, and into my heart. I have friends. I have girlfriends whom I can devote an entire Friday evening to, and do stupid things with. Friends who have my back. And friends whom I want to protect.

One of my friends recently had her world turned upside down last week when her "Best friend" took it upon herself to blab the kind of personal secrets that girlfriends share. This "friend" told her mom and then my friends mom. And it was not good. There are things that mom's don't need to know...and shouldn't know about there daughters that are growing up. Plain and simple. So, last night, me and Elissha called this "friend" and very politely told her to stop calling our friend, that it was going to be in her time that they talked. And it felt really good to stand up for something I believe in, but more importantly, someone. Last night, the 3 of us bonded in a way that I doubt can ever be touched. I am so glad to have the friends I do.

Smiling Thoughtfully,
Bek
Phil 1:3

© Copyright 2004 Bek (UN: the_bek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bek has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/283797-Friends