*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/285438-Hi--Im-the-receptionist
by Bek
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #569921
Looking for Drama??? Well you found it. There's a bit of it all here....read along!
#285438 added April 8, 2004 at 2:03pm
Restrictions: None
Hi! I'm the receptionist....
Hi, I am Beckie, and since my desk is the first thing you see upon entering the salon, might you think that it would be me you need to check with? Do not walk past me and talk to a stylist who is with another customer. No. If you do walk past me, you'd better be heading towards the restroom, and telling me what time your appointment is and with whom. Do not then stand with your suitcase that you call a small purse propped on top of my desk, leaning there, talking over my head to the stylist who is with another customer. ESPECIALLY if you used to work here or are related to one of the stylists. I get paid to sit there and talk to you, find out what you want, and relay the message when the stylist is available. I'll tell you when that is. No need to assume.

Do not give me attitude. I am paid to be friendly, but not paid to kiss your ass. Unless of course, you are getting the ultimate treatment, and a massage. Which then, it's a $300 sale, and you pay me to kiss your ass. My boss will tell you that I do not have to bow. Nope. Not unless you are paying me to stand there and listen to the line of crap along with the string of gossip that will undoubtedly fly out of your mouth. (At this point I know all about everyone in this town...including you.) Don't yell at me when you show up 15 minutes late for an appointment, and your stylist has moved on to the next customer who was on time. On the flip side of that...if you forget to make an appointment, and then try to be a walk in, demanding your regular stylist who you KNOW is always booked weeks in advance....do not yell at me. Do not ask me to squeeze you in. I guarantee that people who have called this morning for her are already squeezed in. I have squeezed for her until I can squeeze no more. Using your high pitched whine voice and raising those in-need-of-a-wax eyebrows at me is not going to make me change my mind. Make an appointment next time.

Part 2 continued later.

Thank you for reading my rant.

Beckie

© Copyright 2004 Bek (UN: the_bek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bek has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/285438-Hi--Im-the-receptionist