*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/287455-suffocation
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #147419
questions with no answers.
#287455 added April 23, 2004 at 12:45am
Restrictions: None
suffocation
4.21.04

I know she's watching me out of the corner of her eye. She's curious, wants to know if my affection is good enough for him. It makes me pull away more. I feel my throat start to close and the walls begin to cave in on me. I am remembering the life we had together, all the things I never had the courage to say. One word runs over my brain a thousand times. Suffocation. I think I'm going to start crying but I can't. She tells the counselor she knows his behavior was odd, but couldn't pinpoint the problem. If only she knew that the problem may not have been drug related at all. I just didn't love you enough. I feel it again. She wants to see my reaction. Will I cry, will I smile? She's searching for any type of emotion, and my face is empty. There is this tense feeling all through my stomach. All over. I remember the last six years and I know I can't go back to that life. I can't go back to that person, the one I worked so hard to get away from, but it's coming back. Like a tornado. I am going to get sucked in. I will be responsible for his feelings, his actions, he happiness. He will look to me to determine your satisfaction in his own life. It's like a swarm of bees, all around me. I can't get out.

© Copyright 2004 daydream (UN: 1boy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
daydream has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/287455-suffocation