*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/289041-Love-Bugs
by fregin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #764092
life and other extraneous info
#289041 added May 5, 2004 at 12:06am
Restrictions: None
"Love" Bugs
I don't know if these little, nasty creatures are an epidemic outside of Texas, but this time of year, these little nymphomaniac bugs disgust me!

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'll give you a little decription. TI don't know what their scientific name is, nor do I really care. What I can tell you is that these black bugs are about the size of a pinkie fingernail and have a lifespan of about four hours. Well, I guess because their lives are so short, they frantically try to mate as much as possible in the little time they have. You rarely see one of these bugs unattached.

Any car in Texas at this time of year is sporting a nice coating on the front bumper and the windshield of guts and smashed, black carcasses from the smattering of love bugs they hit while rolling down the street. It almost sounds like a gentle rain from inside the car.

The worst part to me, however, is not being an instrument of death to the little critters. In fact, I might swerve my car to take out a few more if I could.

The worst part is when they land on me. The idea of it is beyond me to describe, but just imagine, these little feathery-weight bugs landing on you while they're doing the nasty...I don't know if they have orgasms, but that's just another thought that might cause further psychological damage to me. Ugh!!!

The only good news in this little tale is that it's not the season for june bugs. The death sound of the gentle rain changes to that of a hail storm, and june bugs dive bomb you when you least expect it. That's when I really go into a meltdown...

© Copyright 2004 fregin (UN: fregin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fregin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/289041-Love-Bugs