*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/289428-May-7th-2004----today-wasent-much-better
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #844266
Being used for Daily Writing Challenge - if you were there you know what happened!
#289428 added May 7, 2004 at 7:11pm
Restrictions: None
May 7th, 2004 -- today wasen't much better
I spent most of the day today putting out fires - I had to fax copies of the police reports and bank fraud affidavita to three different companies: SCAN, Capital One, and First Premire, of course the Bank wants theirs mailed - did that! And I wrote one of the nastiest letters I have ever written, here it is:

The Critic (changed name and address to protect the victim)
MY Street
City, State and Zip

Capital Acquisitions and Management Company
P. O. Box 5087
Rockford, Illinois 61125-5087

May 7th, 2004

To Whom It May Concern:

I received a letter that claims you purchased an account that showed me as owing money.
I regret to inform you that you made a very bad investment.

In the same old public or private records that possibly indicate that I may have owed money on an account(s) that is now at least 15 years old, if not older, your legal department should be able to find the lawful and legal disposition of said claims.

I am appalled by your company’s attempts to resurrect a purported debt that has been handled many years ago. I personally consider your company’s attempt to collect, and your company’s method of collection a form of extortion.

I have received several phone calls on several different occasions from a male individual that has tried to verbally strong arm me into believing that I owe your company, Capital Acquisitions and Management Company, money. I know that I do not owe your company money, and I know for a fact that any and all accounts were legally and lawfully disposed of according to law. There exist a public record of this fact.

I inform you now that this is not a valid debt regardless of how your company claims that it was acquired. I can only suggest that your company do the necessary research and verify the facts before attempting any further collection.

Just drafting a letter on paper with a company logo, mailing that same letter which makes claims that an individual owes Capital Acquisitions and Management is insufficient evidence of any debt. Also just claiming that you acquired a debt from another source is not evidence that a real debt existed.

Sincerely,


NOT going to be a victim anymore

enclosure

Yep, I left the name of the company in this letter. I think that the letter demonstrates exactly what kind of day I have had today since I started writing at 4:30 am central time (or as Pita might say "dark thirty"). I am certain that I will share their further attempts at what in my opinion is extortion. Even if the debts had not been legally taken care of I am absolutely sure that there is a perscriptive period of time. The guy tried to convience me that I just slipped through the cracks. I am way to fat to slip through any cracks anywhere. Who here believes that they would wait 15 to 20 years to ask for their money?

© Copyright 2004 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/289428-May-7th-2004----today-wasent-much-better