*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/290021-Restless
by fregin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #764092
life and other extraneous info
#290021 added May 12, 2004 at 12:17am
Restrictions: None
Restless
The school year is finally winding down, and it couldn't come any sooner for me. If you wander into any school at this time of year, you'll see that the teachers resemble crazed zombie-like figures at this time of year. It's actually kinda frightening!

I'm also at a standstill on the big thesis. I am patiently waiting on feedback, which is good and bad. Good because I get a break, bad because I'm in a time crunch, so I really don't have time to twiddle my thumbs. Oh well, I'll take the break.

I'm a little worried about what's going to happen when I finally get to slow down. I feel restless right now with just a little down time.

My friend Robin called me last night and wants me to consider filling out an application to go on The Amazing Race. I must be nuts because I actually started looking up the application info for the show. I really don't get it. I LOVE to be lazy, but I constantly look for new challenges and stimulation.

Robin is coming down to visit in a couple of weeks, and I have the entire ten days planned out. We start out with the Earth Day Festival (where I get to see Fuel perform; I'm very excited!). The next day, I got us tickets to an Astros game; Houston is an exciting place to be in the baseball world right now! Then it's on to the Guadalupe River for a day of tubing, which is always a blast. I got us tickets to the theater to see Oliver and tickets to see Colin Quinn at the Laff Stop. Of course, some golf and pool will be interspersed throughout. This whirlwind week begins the day after school gets out.

Why do I complain not having any time for myself and then fill up every moment of my free time??? And, the thing is, I will have a blast every second. I guess I just want a break from responsibility. No wonder I loved childhood so much!

© Copyright 2004 fregin (UN: fregin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fregin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/290021-Restless