*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/290692-May-15
Rated: E · Book · Home/Garden · #849326
Gardening journal of every day in the butterfly garden.
#290692 added May 16, 2004 at 7:07am
Restrictions: None
May 15
What a day in the garden!!!! First...I had a new vistor in the garden...I sure hope he's just passing through...a snapper. Now for those who have never seen a snapper..they're gross. Huge,covered with mud and do not look like a land turtle. They're much larger and have points on their backs. Plus being called a "snapper" means they will snap at you if you get in their way.

turtle,snapper,animal


I'm hoping he doesn't think this is going to be his home and that he just had to get out of the sun.

But on a happier note...Mrs.Robin's baby is gone. She had a nest in the Orange Honeysuckle on the one arbor. She would sure let you know when you got to close. I checked yesterday and the baby is gone.

So with Mrs.Robin and the baby gone I was able to weed that section of the garden..finally. And what did I fine? A nest of baby birds in the middle of a patch of flowers. I carefully covered the babies back up and stayed away from that area. I have no idea what bird makes a nest on the ground.

You never know what you're going to see in this garden. Plus..this is the first year the cats are not in the garden. My cats are kept inside now...except for their play area.

Cat play area for our babies.

Although I miss having the cats in the garden with me...I am seeing so many new birds this year. And the gift of seeing baby birds in their nests. It's pretty cool.






















© Copyright 2004 catwoman (UN: jane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
catwoman has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/290692-May-15