*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/291716-New-Status-Message
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Arts · #702718
I decided to try my hand at this journallog thing
#291716 added May 23, 2004 at 3:07pm
Restrictions: None
New Status Message
So let's see, where in my never ending epic did I leave off, ah yes here we are. Well yesterday was quite interesting. We had a big party thing for Hasanai. It started off for me with a 5:30 wake up call so I could be down to kev's by 7 to go to Alisha's (follow the bouncing means of transportation for the non-driver). So kev's mom dropped us off and then we eventually waked Emma up and started getting things ready to head down to the park for the picnic portion of the day long festivities. We were supposed to leave at 9, but wound up getting there around 10:30, no biggy, not like anybody else was getting there on time either. So the picnic went well, then it was off to Paula & Josh's house for awhile until it was time to go to Bruce's for the big bonfire and smores. All and all the whole thing was pretty good, there are more details and honestly I could probably write a book about the whole day, but here are some highlights to the whole shebang:
-Alisha's food processor was a weakling and couldn't crush the oreos for the dirt pie by itself so at first Emma was manually turning the blade to do it, but then kev got a rolling pin and we had fun loading them into little baggies and crushing them. As the "assembly line" went, I loaded the dirt bags, kev crushed the dirt bags, and Emma unloaded the dirt bags into a big tub of goo (butterscotch pudding). Fun!
-Dominic and (do not ask me how to spell the other guy's name, we'll just use) Y could not figure out the concept of the park is at the end of the road (dead end) next to a big (obvious) metal gate (then just get out of the car and walk 40 ft. to where we are). But what can you say.
-"Gooey balls of doom" look really cool when you twist up the strings on them and have them spin around and around.
-Josh's comp has a never ending harddrive complete with a never ending ammount of music (20.1 days).
-Hasanai insisted on having alcohol, but we kept the picnic dry, unfortunately P&J's house was kinda wet. And poor Dominic fast became a pillow to a past out Hasanai.
-Bonfires are cool and while the idea of smores is awesome we wound up making about four smores with a dozen people there, so don't bother, just bring marshmallows.
-If you're the only person who remembers to bring bug spray to an allday outdoor party, everyone will love you (woot for me!).
-Dana has strange friends.
-Skipping rocks is harder than it looks and Emma will make you cry if it were a contest.
-Have better preperation for parties or don't plan on having plates.
-Make sure whoever is bringing the caffeinated soda shows up long before 2pm if you don't want the caffeine addicts to go into withdrawl.
-Thank god P&J's house is right next to a store or else the caffeine addicts would have had to start killing people.
-Chihuahas (sp?) make a lot of noise.
-Apparantly potato bread can substitute for speed or some other stimulate.
-Seriously don't ponder what it would be like if a glow stick fell into the bonfire.
-Everyone will love you if you were the only person to remember matches for the barbeque.
-Lighter fluid is fun from a safe distance.
-If you're decorating with sidewalk chalk, don't worry if there's no purple, just mix the red and blue and it'll be okay.
-It's funny to pull the $8 price tag of the cheesecake stick it on kev's back and call him a cheap whore.
-Baloons may randomly pop at any time, be forewarned.
-It's fun to get a grand tour of someone's apartment and never have to leave the couch to get the full effect of the tour.
-If you're wondering should you get 1 or 2 pizzas for 8 people, get 2, cause even though someone might say they'll only have one slice, they'll still wind up having 3.
-Flipflops on a day spent with gravel paths and bonfires is a bad idea.
-Taking off flipflops at a park with broken glass here and there is a bad idea.
-Always know where the bathroom is.
-Chihuahas may or may not think ace bandages are chew toys.
-Dogs swimming in a river will get out of the water to go pee on a tree and then return to swimming.
-Thunder fire = lightening and Thunder fire lightening noise = thunder.
-There exist people who think that if all animals looked like a particular character from Thunder Cats, they'd have no problem with bestiality.
This concludes my highlights.

Also, if you've never seen it Children of Dune is awesome (and also over 4 hours long), and kev's eyes really do look like those of the guys in Dune. Until next entry, ciao.


Darká Degerön - the poet Darká

© Copyright 2004 DMB Secundus (UN: kornkidxxix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DMB Secundus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/291716-New-Status-Message