*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/292598-May-30th-entered-May-30th--I-didnt-quit-after-all
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #844266
Being used for Daily Writing Challenge - if you were there you know what happened!
#292598 added May 30, 2004 at 4:21pm
Restrictions: None
May 30th entered May 30th- I didn't quit after all
May 30th entered on May 30th, 2004

Well what do you know? It appears that I am at least going to finish the Olympic Writing Decathlon Challenge after all the grief and trouble I have had this month of May.

First I signed up and then realized I had no clue how to put an image anywhere. So I quit. Then I figured it out, and stayed signed up. If any one has been reading this journal you have to know that just doing this has been a challenge. My real life interferes with the life I want to have.

So, yesterday I sent the Milkman an email that I had to quit and that I had put my journal as private, for my eyes only. Well this morning I get a return email that states:

you haven't lived up to the challenge please self-delete yourself from the group as I want to accurately tabulate all of the points to announce the winners as soon as possible.

If you have stayed with the challenge please DO NOT reply to this message or POST in the Decathlon forum.


Here is the problem folks, I did not know how to self-delete myself from the group. I know that may sound like a stupid reason, but it is in fact the one and only true reason or excuse that I have for not quitting. So I decided that it was easier just to make my journal public again, count myself lucky to be alive and still on Writing.Com, and get my journaling done and up to date. With this entry I am now current.

I actually feel much better about completing this Olympic Decathlon Writing Challenge; even with some of the assignments and contest opportunities I was not able to do for one reason or another than I realized that I would. One more journal entry this evening and I am done. I have made it to the end. And those words that the Milkman wrote, “you haven’t lived up to the challenge” just about made me crazier than I usually am. “Too late to quit now” is the single thought that drove me to completing this journal after I received the Milkman’s email. In a few months I will revisit this journal and reread everything that I have put out there. I don’t know how I will feel about it; I just know that I am so ready for the month of May to be over.

I know that I have learned some things about myself, and that is always good. At this moment I am preparing to go to New Orleans. My husband needs a computer part and I really need to eat at Poncho’s Mexican Buffet. I have been eating there for over 25 years. Have I bothered to tell y’all before now that I am a creature of habit? I don’t like change. I am also not very fond of rules either. Basic rules are okay, I understand the Ten Commandments, but complex, extremely detailed type rules just drive me up the wall. Have y’all every read Robert’s Rules of Order? Yea, those kinds of rules for Parliamentary procedure make me just want to throw up my hands and scream and shout, but when I really think about it, it is those very rules that make me crazy that keep me from having to scream and shout (or shoot).

Just more thoughts—anybody still think that I am not crazy? Please stand up and send me an email. And no, I am not kidding except about the stand up part maybe.

Have a wonderful day. Only one more entry and I will be finished in more ways than one.
Yahoooooooooooooooooo.

© Copyright 2004 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/292598-May-30th-entered-May-30th--I-didnt-quit-after-all