*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/294543-Selling
Rated: E · Book · Home/Garden · #849326
Gardening journal of every day in the butterfly garden.
#294543 added June 14, 2004 at 6:36am
Restrictions: None
Selling
Funny what sells. One of the first plants to be potted for this adventure was Sweet Annie. I haven't sold any until this weekend when the Sentinel article came out. Now it's finally moving.
Trumpet vine is moving well also. Another good seller is Coreopsis,Spiderwort and Rose Campion.
I just had a great weekend. Best yet. People are shocked when they see the butterfly garden. I think they're just coming to see a large flower bed. Nope...it's a full size walk around garden.
I complained about the rain...but it's amazing what rain does to plants and seeds. I planted Love Lies Bleeding two days ago and they're popping through the soil already from the rain we got. I Mother Nature gives us the rain to take care of the plants and to give the caretakers a rest!
We also dug out the stripped grass and separated it. Transplanted most of it on the hill for future sales.
Ordering top soil today so we can make holding beds for future selling. This weekend was very exciting and gave us both more confidence for the future. We have decided that no matter how busy or how big a business gets...you cannot lose that one on one with people. They like that touch. I can have a bit higher prices because if that one step. (And the fact our daughter demanded we keep the price at that amount...lol) I'm so glad we did. You can buy a plant at another local greenhouse...but ask them some information about the plant if you can find anyone working there that knows anything,or has the time to walk with you or show you what the plant will look like when it's full grown. Isn't going to happen. So, yeah..like SMs said..I'm worth a higher price...and I'm selling, and it's working.
Not many people walk away without buying something and that's fine.
Awesome weekend.







Logo/Sig designed by the StoryMistress for me



gothic signatures



~~Image #6000 Sharing Restricted~~




 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#785554 by Not Available.






© Copyright 2004 catwoman (UN: jane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
catwoman has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/294543-Selling