*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/294668-New-Beginnings
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #455607
My thoughts on a multitude of topics and a journal of personal activities.
#294668 added June 14, 2004 at 10:15pm
Restrictions: None
New Beginnings
Today is a new day, the opening of another chapter in my life. I started a new job this morning. It will no doubt open new horizons, challenges and opportunities. God does indeed open doors and closes doors at his appointed times. He tenderly teaches and instructs us in His incredible ways. If only I would be more attentive to his guiding hand and spend more time in his Word and in communion with him the lessons he has for me would be learned so much faster. My purpose in being here is to reflect his goodness and love to those around me, to be a mirror to his glory, that others may see Him and not me in all that I do. Today is no different than any other day. The sun rose over the eastern horizon in much the same manner that it has since creation and yet it brought with it new decisions that could change the entire course of my life. Tomorrow also will bring even greater opportunities. Day by day as the old hymn reminds me I can live each day for Him. We do not know what tomorrow will bring. It may be a day filled with blessings or it may be a day filled with trials and difficulties, but one thing I do know ... whether I walk on the mountaintops or in the valley of death, I need fear no evil for Jesus is both my rod and our staff. He has promised me that He will never leave me, nor forsake me. On this promise I will stand all the days of my life till I look up in the eastern sky and see Him return with all the host of heaven to claim His own. At that time with joyful shouts of praise I will proclaim "My Lord and my God." Wow, what an awesome God I serve. Although I am totally undeserving he has chosen me, it was not I who chose him. He often takes the least of all the men and women of earth and transforms them by His grace into the greatest of all who have ever lived. And so today I begin the rest of my life with a renewed committment to love and serve Him no matter the cost. I will stand firm in this decision.

standingfirm

© Copyright 2004 standingfirm (UN: standingfirm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
standingfirm has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/294668-New-Beginnings