*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/297321-Man-of-plants
Rated: E · Book · Home/Garden · #849326
Gardening journal of every day in the butterfly garden.
#297321 added July 6, 2004 at 7:29am
Restrictions: None
Man of plants

Nubs and I met a man who we would call a plant genius. No kidding. To see him you would never believe it. Friends of my parents sent us out to his place. When I first saw Don's back yard I thought...Oh no...it's all day lilies. But...after following him into the side of his yard we knew better. He had plants from Japan,China and Russia. Some of the tiniest plants I've ever seen. So tiny with a beautiful flower attached. We learned so much in that hour...our heads were spinning.
Don had trees and plants I've never seen let alone hear of...and he named them all in the Latin terms. I'm lucky if I can remember the common name so forget me learning the Latin name. It was unreal.
The yard was small but he had so many plants in there I'm sure we didn't see them all.
He's excited to come up and see the butterfly garden and I sure hope he does. We got some new ideas from Don and I'm sure that is just the start. This man has so much information in his head.
Nubs and I are both excited about meeting this new friend of the plant world. Plus he has people that would love to see the garden.
It's another turn in the road...an exciting one!!




Logo/Sig designed by the StoryMistress for me



gothic signatures



~~Image #6000 Sharing Restricted~~




 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#785554 by Not Available.






© Copyright 2004 catwoman (UN: jane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
catwoman has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/297321-Man-of-plants