*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/301152
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #460418
This one is about forbidden love... My musings and imagination
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#301152 added September 24, 2004 at 6:07am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 3
This is the first time I'm updating in along while, and it'll take me some time before it's all done, so have patience, meow? *Smile*EDITED: 24 September for Misc

         I spent the rest of the day brooding. Unless I could convince them, there was no way I could avoid handing over the reins. Unless.....

         An idea formed in my head and I went off to search for her. If I could only reach her in time...

         I found her where I thought she would be. She was sitting in a tree, from a branch I know where the voices would be carried down. It was a small and cosy place. I'd known of it since the first time I was supposed to keep an eye on her during a council meeting and she'd disappeared. Thinking back, I smiled.

         I was frantic and spent the better part of the night searching, until it occured to me that it would be a prank on her part to hide there.
         I found her asleep. She was only seven at that time, and already she was a prankster. Shaking my head, I picked her up and took her home. Adalinsa had merely shook her head.


         "Don't come near me, Mioen. You give me over to him and I'll kick your balls," were the first words that greeted me when I reached her hiding place.
         "I wasn't thinking that, Ziana. Come out. I've got a plan to get you out of this. If you trust me," I was grinning. She had seen through him as well.
         "You know, I'd thought you'd be fairer," Ziana said, climbing out of her hiding place. For a moment my heart stopped.
         Dressed in a simple tunic tied at her waist, it showed her figure well and highlighted her tanned skin. Which brought me to her remark.
         "What do you mean I'm supposed to be fair?" I picked her up. Ziana did not argue when I did that.
         "I don't know. I've seen Jora and Kina (her twin cousins) and their Angels, and they were pretty fair," she put her arms around my neck. I was instantly aware of her scent, a fruity scent mixed with sweat. It took me some time before I could reply to her.
         "I had to look after you. Why do you think I'm so tanned?" I muttered under my breath, jumping from the branch and gliding away.

© Copyright 2004 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/301152