*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/309550-Oct-8th-2004-Late-Night-TV--Other-Influences
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #844266
Being used for Daily Writing Challenge - if you were there you know what happened!
#309550 added October 8, 2004 at 3:02pm
Restrictions: None
Oct. 8th, 2004: Late Night TV & Other Influences...
October 8th, 2004

I would much rather wait until the end of every day to make my daily journal entries, but the problem with doing this is I find that I am exhausted and the words end up strained, and only put in my journal for the sake of meeting the word count requirement. So, here I am at 1:54 in the afternoon trying to outwit my physical short comings, and it seems to me that I have been fighting that losing battle all of my life.

Talking about losing battles, I listened to an interesting infomercial last night, while I was somewhere between being half awake and sound asleep. It was about a book titled, “Natural Cures “They” Don’t Want You To Know About.” The author, Kevin Trudeau, claimed that the FDA, Food and Drug Administration, tried to have vitamin C classified as a drug. He went on to claim that food manufacturers put a type of additive into food to make people hungrier, therefore making people eat more, and it contributes to the American obesity problem. Being as basically paranoid as I am, I have a real tendency to believe this author. Along with his list of believable statements:

There more overweight people now.

Many countries have lower obesity levels than the U.S.

Other countries won’t eat our dairy and meat products.

We can't export our food products.

His book claims to normally sell for $39.95, but if I order it TODAY it is ONLY $29.95. His website has a notation that states: Due to the nature and opinion expressed in informational products…blah…blah…blah, these are non-returnable. All sales are final, no exceptions.

Now, I have mentioned that I am a paranoid type personality, right?

The aforementioned notation immediately makes me think that he thinks that I will want to return his book, tapes, CD’s, or whatever very shortly after receiving them, and he knows this. Hence, his need to say, “NON-RETURNABLE. ALL SALES FINAL, NO EXCEPTIONS.”

Every wonder what paranoid people GOOGLE?

Try: “What they don’t want you to know”.

That produces some very interesting results. It actually produces news results that are not in the main stream, as well as content that supports a theory for a book I am working on about September 11, 2001 and how that all came about happening in the first place.

When I ran my plot and theory by a friend of mind, she was horrified. She told me that I could not write what I had proposed. The wounds were still too fresh. My theory was too unimaginable. People would hate me for even thinking such, much less writing such things. Then I reminded her that I am not a ever published or widely read author, and she said that if I wrote such garbage that I never would be. OUCH! That really hurt.

Is it possible that I am really crazy? Aren’t we all, some more than others?

I am going to write my insane, paranoid conspiracy theory for NaNoWriMo in November. In the meantime, I am getting it organized in my head, collecting research, and laying the necessary groundwork. I suspect the work should end up being about 100,000 words, and I don’t have a working title yet. I really should, I’ve only been thinking about this for three freaking years. Could it be? The worse possible scenario imaginable could it be a fictional reality - YES.


© Copyright 2004 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/309550-Oct-8th-2004-Late-Night-TV--Other-Influences