*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/310546-Politics-Religion--other-topics-that-make-the-world-spin
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #470704
Things I find myself only able to express in words and in this journal - welcome!
#310546 added October 15, 2004 at 5:50pm
Restrictions: None
Politics, Religion, & other topics that make the world spin!
Really is sad that I haven't updated this in a while. I've been updating my other journal and I guess, paying more attention to it. But that was the point, to talk about my personal life it and save this one for more "serious" things.

What I want to do is think about things for the past month or so.

I've figured out the extent to which I prefer Kerry over Bush. Like this is really a shock to most of you who've actually spent time reading my ideas about things. I'm surrounded by several people who really prefer Bush. So maybe Bush isn't horrible and there are SOME things that I agree with him on, completely. However, these are not so much the things that affect me directly. Things that affect you directly are the things you care about, normally. While I was driving down my road, at first, I was mostly seeing Bush Cheney signs, then it switched. By the end of the road? I'd counted 12 Kerry signs and 6 Bush signs.
I want homosexuals to have some right. I want people to realize that they're not inherently evil. I want people to see that they have feelings, that they fall in love, and that they want to be there for their partner just as much. All this hoopla because they fall in love with the "WRONG" person and it's just... blah, fall in love with whomever you want. Notice WHOever. Not WHATever. It pisses me off so friggin' much when some people say that old thing "what happens if we start letting gays marry, next thing you know, people are going to want to marry their animals" and ya kno what I say to that? Sometimes, animals are much better than people.
I want there to be continued research on cancer, on alzheimers. I want there to be other methods of fuel sources for cars. I hate the fact I burn so much gas. I want there to be MORE of a concern placed on environmental issues because guess what? If we DON'T pay attention to the environment, not only is the U.S. of A screwed, so is EVERYONE else.

Last month, what else have I been learning about.
Religions, again. Always learning, always challenging my beliefs, but I found an anchor. That anchor is Unitarian Universalism. I want to learn more. I want to know what they believe, why they believe, how, etc. Everything I can. I wish other people might possibly see that there are SO many religions out there.... and there's no way they can ALL be wrong.
I want people who don't care about things to start caring.
Talked with Manda today, she said she won't touch the topics of religion and politics. I understand why, but damnit, I'm so tired of being quiet about it. However, choose your battles wisely.

So many contradicting ideas out there.

And another thing I want to do?
To just read all the quotes I want to, to put them all together, oh goodness... I feel so happy when I'm flipping through a book looking for quotes that really make me think. One day, I'll probably start posting the different groups of quotes I have. I'd LOVE to find a way to really organize them, but that'd take so long.

And I've learned that most people don't like thinking. In fact, most people have no need to think about things. I seem to always be thinking about something. Even when I'm driving, constantly thinking, my mind is barely ever silent. I can pause it tho. And all I really wanna do now is go outside and play with our dog Fred. That's... really what I want to do.

It's one of those beautiful autumn days where the wind is cool, the air is fresh, it's a bit nippy, but it's what makes me feel alive. Nature makes me feel alive like nothing else.

If it wasn't for nature, I think I'd be a horribly grouchy person... and that's why my college campus is so scenic.

© Copyright 2004 TrueSoul137 (UN: truesoul137 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TrueSoul137 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/310546-Politics-Religion--other-topics-that-make-the-world-spin