*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/311599-Preface
by Xiola
Rated: 18+ · Book · Romance/Love · #901378
A musician and a documentary filmmaker. You do the math.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#311599 added October 23, 2004 at 8:26pm
Restrictions: None
Preface
"Trevor, you're on in ten." Came a sharp rap from the heavy door behind him.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it." Trevor Rasnick sighed, staring at himself in the large dressing room mirror. His black hair shone blue under the numerous fluorescent bulbs that shone from above.

Damn, I'm starting to look old, he thought to himself as he examined the faint lines that had begun to form around his piercing hazel eyes. He sighed again, things were beginning to take their toll on him and it was starting to show.

From deep below the packed Key Arena, Trevor could hear the screams and chants for him and his bandmates to take the stage. The opening band, the Informants, had finished their set and the crowd was getting antsy.

He used to love this part of touring. The excitement, the anticipation, and finally the moment that he and the rest of his band, the Coffin Dwellers, took the stage. The crowds were always so pumped and ready to go; but recently Trevor felt like he'd lost something, it just wasn't as much fun as it once was. He sighed once more and pulled himself out of the chair, picking up his guitar in the process and then heading out into the small foyer outside of his dressing room.

"You guys ready?" He asked, eyeing each band member. "Alright, let's do this and give these people their money's worth."

The five men waited anxiously at the base of the steps that led up to the stage. Trevor gripped the rail and said a quick prayer before the lights went out. He raced up the steps and took his place behind his microphone at center stage.

The roar of the crowd was so loud that everyone had put in their ear plugs. Trevor turned and checked the set list that was taped to the floor by his left foot. "Glorious Hatred" was the opening number, so Trevor looked to his keyboardist who nodded that he was ready. He looked to the left and saw his bassist was ready, checked with his other guitarist to his right, and then nodded to Dave, his drummer, to signal that everyone was ready. Dave counted it off and Trevor hit his opening riff.
© Copyright 2004 Xiola (UN: adrock59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Xiola has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/311599-Preface