*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/312006-Wednesday-Oct-27th-I-am-an-IDIOT
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #844266
Being used for Daily Writing Challenge - if you were there you know what happened!
#312006 added October 27, 2004 at 8:18pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday, Oct. 27th: I am an IDIOT!!!
Wednesday, October 27, 2004

I AM AN IDIOT.

If there were no word minimum the aforementioned typed words would be the extent of this day’s entry.

A few weeks back, I posted “Questions & Consequences” in the Olympic Decathlon Forum concerning asking judges questions. So what did my idiot self do? Since I had not seen my name on the two lists showing Olympian’s points the Milkman posted, I typed my question in the forum, “Am I still a contestant?”

Judges have enough to do. I know that, and I wish I had kept my big mouth shut. Well, this is why the word, “miscommunication”, has earned such a well-established place in the new American vocabulary.

Did the Milkman say, “Of course you’re still a contestant, just don’t plan on winning any medals.” No, of course not, he said that I was no longer a contestant.

I was devastated. Physically, mentally, and emotionally devastated. I was crying so hard my poor husband thought somebody had died. To my way of thinking somebody had, but he just could not grasp the importance I put on my being told I was disqualified from the Olympic Decathlon.

He works eight hours a day, and I read and write eight hours a day, sometimes more. He understands how important my writing is TO ME, but he does not understand or can he hardly tolerate me when I get very emotional and when I cry and nothing is broken, or hurting me that he can see and make stop. My husband wants to fix things, and it frustrates him when he has no clue what is broken. If it was a lamp, he could fix it. Men are so concrete about some things.

Well, after I went out and feed myself massive doses of high carbohydrates, my good sense returned. I realized too late exactly what the problem was. It was a “MISCOMMUNICATION”.

I hate that word. I think it is just an ugly excuse, but regardless of the fact that I deleted myself from the Olympic Group, I am going to finish this journal. That was my promise to myself.

And I will state emphatically something else I believe: Without losers there can be NO WINNERS.

Everybody can’t win a medal, but at least they are allowed to finish. Even the New York Marathon, and others keep the finish line open until the last runner crawls across. How well would the winners know they did if they did not have others to compare their times and speed to?

Well, I am so much better now. A good cry is one way to get over things. And I have coconut cream pie to help, too. All this just helped put things in perspective. The main point being I write, and I read. I enjoy doing both. I am fortunate to be able to do both. I have so much to be thankful for, and I don’t need to lose sight of that fact, EVER.

I enjoyed the contest, and I like writing this journal. Would I be as dedicated if it was not for a challenge? Probably not, since there are so many things to get distracted with.

Life is complicated and challenging enough, without putting myself through emotional turmoil over a simple miscommunication.

Life is good, and I have some good, sincere friends. My husband loves me.

God save the Queen.


© Copyright 2004 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/312006-Wednesday-Oct-27th-I-am-an-IDIOT