*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/312238
Rated: E · Book · History · #903124
A fictional journal of Marie Antoinette's life.
#312238 added June 4, 2011 at 2:57pm
Restrictions: None
The Prince is a Nightmare
My parents, my sister Anna and I made it to France. The castle is beautiful and the estate is huge like ours in Austria. I met the Prince. He is awful! Prince Louis is fat and akward. He drops his fork at every meal and spills his wine as well. He almost falls down stairs when he walks up and down them. I DON'T WANT TO MARRY HIM! I told mother this and she says if I don't, I will be cast out among the peasants of France and their peasants aren't too forgiving. I know my parents don't love me. Anna feels sorry for me. She told me we could poison Louis's drink. That is cruel. I know she was teasing but I could never harm another. I wish I could have married the Count but he is married and he and his wife are expecting their first child. I am fourten years of age and I have put him out of my mind.

Louis can't carry on a conversation. He will not make a good King. It is up to me to be the back bone of this marriage and I am still a girl. I have a lot to learn. I will have to teach Louis what I know and learn. I am being taught by tutors as is Louis. We will have to learn about the ways of royalty together. Is this truly my life? I don't think the Prince can even wipe his own behind. I should feel sorry for him. My dogs love him but my cats don't. At least my pets were welcome at the Kingdom as well as my family. I will have to make the best of things. The KIng's mistress Madame du Barry and I do not get along. The King's wife died years ago and his mistress thinks she is Queen. I just hope the King never marries her and someday, I will be Queen and I will throw the Madame out. My Wedding is to take place in three months and I will be living here at the castle in France. I guess I will never see Austria again. Anna will be staying for awhile but after the Wedding, she is to return home to Austria. I wish I could. I have a new life now and I will have to adjust. One of the poodles bit Madame and she was outraged but she called me a child! Mother wanted to slap her but Pierre took care of her. The King and Louis just laughed. I will be friends with the Prince as well as his wife. I tell myself things will work out and we will be happy. Hope and prayer is all I have.
Beautiful painting of Marie Antionette in purple dress by best friend Angel.
** Image ID #1782265 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2011 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/312238