*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/313961
Rated: ASR · Book · Activity · #907647
I will be keeping my Game Of Thrones Stories here
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#313961 added March 6, 2024 at 1:03am
Restrictions: None
The Deception
England 1842
Cherish Vandervelt loved this time of year. Her family mansion Crosswells Manor was the prettiest decorated home this Christmas season. The Christmas tree was decorated with bright colored ornaments and ginger bread men. Mistletoe was hung all over. All the guests sang Christmas Carols. She sang them, too. Snow was on the ground and she wished she could be happy and full of Christmas cheer. It would be so much fun to go on a sleigh ride. Cherish loved Christmas but she missed her husband to be. Aremid Ashmont. A handsome man with black hair and blue eyes that could look into your soul. She was getting married to the most extraoridinary man in the whole world. Cherish loved animals and her pet parrot was flying off with things like jewelery out of her mother's dresser. She loved her parrot whom she had named Trepid. A beautiful pure powder blue parrot with an orange beak. He had even undecorated the Christmas Tree. Cherish had left him in his cage this night. Heaven knows what he would do at the Christmas Ball! At the Ball when Aremid and her announced their engagement, the orny parrot drank the punch and sipped her father's whiskey. A potted parrot was too much trouble. What do you do with a drunken parrot? Lock him back in his cage, that's what!

Cherish had greeted all the guests but she missed Aremid. He had went to India to pick up more black tea and products for his father. His father Lyman Ashmont made his millions off trading with India. Cherish's father owned clothing factories and the Vandervelts had gotten rich off the business. Aremid had been gone three months. She hoped he would be home in three weeks for Christmas. They were getting married Christmas Day. Cherish sighed. Her long, curly blonde hair and green eyes like emeralds made her the most beautiful woman there. She wasn't aware of how beautiful she was. All Cherish knew was she missed Aremid. The Ball seemed so boring. Just then a handsome man was kissing young pretty women and the women were blushing and loving it. Cherish had her fan spread out and as she peeked over the fan, she saw him. Aremid! He was home! She started to run to him but she froze dead in her tracks! He was kissing a red head! Cherish almost lost her footing. The kissing went beyond a kiss as Aremid grabbed the woman in an unrespectable way. He was laughing. He looked up and saw Cherish. He ran to her as Cherish cried and ran to her room. HOW COULD HE? Aremid Ashmont had deceived her and made a fool out of her in front of all these people. She would never forgive him. She didn't know Aremid at all. Were all men like him? Cherish wanted to die! This would be the talk of the town for weeks to come. Cherish Vandervelt was ruined and Aremid Ashmont would be known as a Cad and a scoundrel!

In the middle of the ocean, a handsome man with black hair and eyes that looked into your soul was down below his family's ship playing with cute, adorable tiger cubs. A rare white one and orange one. Cherish would love them. This would be the perfect Christmas gift besides their Wedding. Niles, a sailor came below deck and smiled at the handsome man and tiger cubs. "Aremid, what a lovely gift. I'm sure your Miss Cherish will love them."
"Indeed. I love her so much and I am so lucky to be getting married to her. I have it all. Father has his black tea and the business is sucessful. My life is so perfect. I couldn't ask for more." The white tiger cub washed his face. Aremid laughed.
"Sir, what about your twin brother Aramand? He is still a pirate and he may be on these seas. He would steal Cherish from you in a heartbeat plus our ship. He tried to rob you and your family blind. Your father disowned him."
"Relax, Mate. Aramand knows better then to come on dry land. He is a pirate and King of the seas. He cares nothing about my life and our paths will never cross. He will never take my beautful girl Cherish. Have no fear. I would have to challenge him to a duel."

The snow was following at Crosswells Manor. Cherish refused to talk the man who had deceived her. Why was life so unfair? She would die of a broken heart. Aremid would flirt and be a womanizer if she married him. He would never be true. She wished the world would end. Her life was over.
© Copyright 2024 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/313961