*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/314129
Rated: ASR · Book · Activity · #907647
I will be keeping my Game Of Thrones Stories here
#314129 added March 6, 2024 at 1:03am
Restrictions: None
Confusion
Cherish didn't sleep well that night. A pounding on the door woke her up the next morning. She had only slept a couple of hours. Her mother Felica Vandervelt entered the room. Cherish was always jealous of her mother. Felica was so beautiful and looked young for a fifty year old woman. Cherish was eighteen years of age but her mother outshined her.

"Cherish, Dear, we all know about Aremid's behavior last night but you shouldn't have deserted our guests. Aremid is like all men. You will have to learn to accept his behavior. You will be married soon and you have to learn to hold your head up high. That is what women do. Your father cheated on me for years and I had to deal with it. Men are deceptive. Get used to it."

Cherish couldn't believe what her mother was saying. "Mother, he made a fool out of me. He is suppose to be in love with me. I can't accept his behavior."

"Cherish Vandervelt, get out of bed and quit your whining. Your marriage will help your father's business dealings and you will hold your head high like a Queen and grin and bear it. Get out of bed now. We have a busy day ahead of us." Felica turned on her heel and left slamming the door.

When mother spoke, you did as you were told. Cherish got out of bed and fed her parrot. Trepid kept saying "Pretty bird. Pretty bird." Cherish patted him. At least she had him to love. The parrot sat on her shoulder and gave her kisses as she smiled.

Cherish went down to breakfast. Aremid was sitting at the table with her father. He got up and greeted Cherish with a kiss. "My little buttercup. You ran off last night. Shame on you. I was just being nice to the female guests. You will be my wife soon and those young women will be single for quite awhile. You are a lucky woman you know."

Cherish wanted to slap him. Neil Vandervelt smiled at his daughter but Cherish wouldn't even look at her future husband or her father. She ate her breakfast in silience and went out to ride her horse Golden Boy, a beautiful golden brown horse. She needed time to herself. Cherish enjoyed the fresh air blowing on her as she rode through the woods. The woods were so green and the pond so inviting and peaceful. Just then she saw a black horse and rider. Aremid. Great! Aremid caught up to her. "Cherish, my Dear, we need to talk."
She looked at him and sighed. "What do you want me to say?"
"My pet, all men have to one last fling before they are married. I am marrying you. I adore you, my love." The smile he gave cherish made her uneasy. What was different about him?
"Aremid, men in love don't behave like you did with other women last night. I don't want to marry you. We need to call off the wedding" She started to ride off but Aremid grabbed her arm. "Darling, there is no changing your mind. I OWN YOU!"
Cherish was scared. She started to cry. She didn't know this man at all. As Aremid let go of her arm, she rode back to the house with Aramand behind her. They both got off their horses and Aramand grabbed Cherish's arm and told her they would walk back into the mansion together and pretend everything was fine. They walked back into the mansion arm im arm as they greeted her parents with smiles. Cherish felt trapped. Why had Aremid changed so?
The next two weeks passed and Cherish didn't say much to Aremid. Aramand was loving this. He knew Aremid was in India and would be home soon. As a pirate, he kept track of these things. He would marry Cherish before Aremid got back. He couldn't wait to see the look on his brother's face. Revenge would be so sweet.

At sea, Aremid and his men was facing storms and Aremid hoped he would be home for his wedding. He couldn't miss his wedding. He promised Cherish a life of love and happiness. He would face the devil himself to keep his promises to the woman he loved. Aremid had no idea how true his thoughts were. The tiger cubs were asleep in his lap. Cherish would love these little guys. It would be the best Christmas ever.
© Copyright 2024 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/314129