*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/315409
Rated: E · Book · Military · #911306
A not quite daily journal of my deployment in Iraq
#315409 added November 24, 2004 at 2:25am
Restrictions: None
27 MAY 04
Had another downer Wednesday. I think it is the malaria pills. For the past couple of weeks I have taken the pill on Monday and by Wednesday I am feeling out of it. There was a rock band that performed tonight, Brick foot. They were good, nice of them to come this way, most entertainers don't get out of Baghdad. Not much to right home about today, worked on Sunday stuff, rested because I felt so drained. I could have closed my eyes at any time today and been out cold. Sometimes it still strikes me odd that I am walking around in Iraq. Here I am walking down a road back to my building as though I was walking down any road in America. But it is in Iraq. I have the feeling sometimes that we are involved with something bigger that life. All of us here trying to do our jobs, working together aiming for the same goal. Makes you feel like you are a part of something special. Do I think we are doing the right thing by invading this country? I don't know. I suppose time will tell. My hope is that what we are attempting to accomplish is the noble endeavor to at least offer the opportunity for Iraqis to begin a new life, a new way of living that will benefit everyone. Being with all these soldiers doing their duty, working together to accomplish goal is something special. It is amazing to be a part of it. Very tired and time to go to bed.
© Copyright 2004 chicken scratch (UN: chickenscratch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
chicken scratch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/315409