*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/316064-More-questions-no-answers
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #912643
The storm clouds are piling high.
#316064 added November 29, 2004 at 9:45pm
Restrictions: None
More questions, no answers
Oh, my poor Robert. We saw the doctor today, and all we have are more quesitons.

His blood count has been low, but now it has dropped even more. I overheard the doctor talking to the lab tech, and he said that internal bleeding would account for the extremely low blood count but Robert doesn't have any. They drew enough blood that, as the tech said, "If you weren't anemic, you would be when I'm through with you."

I'm worried. I hope the tests results don't take too long. Not knowing is worse than knowing.

How much more can his heart take?

He so wants to see his children again, but I don't know if he will be able to do so. Bob is trying to get home from Turkey, but whether he will be able to or not, who knows. Rene has already said she's not coming, that she can't get off work.

Our two grandchildren who were taken by their father, knowing that he may never see them again has really been on Robert's heart lately. He cries when he sees something that reminds him of them.

Robert sleeps more and more, and he has so many times when he's confused and can't remember, and he knows that he can't. The weakness and lack of mental clarity both disturb him.

Another thing that bothers him is the feeling that no one else cares. He knows I do, but he doesn't understand why no one from our church offers to help. He needs people to visit him. He needs other people to interact with him, other than me. Where are the people that he's helped over the years? Why doesn't anyone call?

Ah, yes, more questions and no answers.

© Copyright 2004 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/316064-More-questions-no-answers