*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/316544-A-prayer-from-my-heart
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #912643
The storm clouds are piling high.
#316544 added December 3, 2004 at 9:03pm
Restrictions: None
A prayer from my heart
Dear Heavenly Father,

I watch Robert suffer and hurt for him. I know you do, too. He's torn between wanting the suffering to stop and his desire to stay with us.

Tonight he had so much pain, even chest pains which required nitro. His circulation is so poor his lower legs and feet and his hands feel like they are freezing. Won't you please give him some relief?

You are the great physician: You made us and know our bodies better than we do. Would you please help Robert? I try to accept the knowledge that the time will come when he will be perfectly healed, but I'm not doing well with that. Help me not to hold him here longer than is good or Your will.

Please give me the courage I need. I'm so scared and my heart hurts with a much different pain than his, but maybe his does plus the physical pain. Oh, Lord, please give us the strength we need. I'm such a coward right now. I've professed my faith in you since I was a child. Would you help me live it now? Help me, please, to show and feel the strength everyone seems to see in me, everyone that is except me.

But especially lay Your hand of comfort and care on Robert right now. Ease his physical and mental pain, I pray.

Thank You for giving us the extra years that You have. I know he has surprised the doctors, but Robert said, and believes, that his life's span is in Your hands, not theirs.

Bless us, please.



© Copyright 2004 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/316544-A-prayer-from-my-heart