*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/317152-Sometimes-you-feel-like-a-nut---
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #912643
The storm clouds are piling high.
#317152 added December 8, 2004 at 4:34pm
Restrictions: None
Sometimes you feel like a nut . . .
Sometimes you don't.

Today is a down day. The pressure has pressed until we're both dragging. I've heard there were going to be times like now, and we shouldn't be surprised or think that we'll feel like this everyday. Yes, we were told, but I was still surprised at the intensity, the absolute "knowlege" that nothing is all I have to look forward to having.

Now in my mind, somewhere, a voice of reason still lives and is shouting, "Don't be so stupid!" I try to hear it and respond, but my body feels sluggish. My mind is dull.

I'm telling how I feel because I see the same things happening with Robert. So I remind him of what we have to look forward to in the next few weeks: Becky will be here soon; Bob arrives a week from today; our granddaughters are making time to be with us; Randy, Janelle, and the boys make time for us; we have each other. As I try to cheer him, I find that my mood brightens for a while.

I read to Robert: the posts in the forum for us that Chatty made (bless her and everyone who has written us messages), the poem that Becky wrote, his stories that I post in this journal. He responds to each and every one with pleasure, and a few times with tears.

People, many who have never met us in person, have responded with such kindness. Their prayers and notes are blessings.

I hope to add another one of Robert's stories either tonight or tomorrow. He has so many, and I want a record of them so that others can share some of the joy he has brought to my life.

© Copyright 2004 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/317152-Sometimes-you-feel-like-a-nut---