*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/317343
Rated: E · Book · Family · #916222
Works in Progress
#317343 added December 10, 2004 at 11:25am
Restrictions: None
The Rolocks
I suppose you've never heard of the magical creatures known as The Rolocks have you? I suppose not. They are very very dangerous and live in a secluded country that nobody can find by looking for it and few that have seen them have been able...or alive to tell about them. You may have seen one at one time and if you are you are most decidedly fortunate to still be alive. If you have seen one you had the good fortune to not be aware of it.

Now before I confuse you anymore I will tell you a little bit about these creatures.

Rolocks..pronounced (ROLE-UCKS)..are somewhat spritely creatures with pale, frail looking features, and GORGEOUS hair and eyes. But don't let their daintiness fool you. They are quite possibly the most dangerous human-like creatures in the world. Their hair and eyes change color with their moods..which, i must tell you are VERY volatile. Here are some examples:

All Rolocks, by default have brown hair. They are born with it. Once they reach a certain age however, their moodswings become more frequent, thus the everchanging color of their hair.

When they are depressed, their hair turns blue.
When they are envious, well, obviously their hair turns green.
When they are first starting to get annoyed, their hair starts to turn pink. The more annoyed they get the darker it become until it is red. This means they are VERY angry. If you ever meet a Rolock, I would advise you to start distancing yourself as soon as you see the slightest HINT of pink. When their hair is PITCH BLACK...well, few have lived to tell about what happens when a Rolock's hair turns pitch black. However from the one or two people who have managed to live and tell...

When a Rolock's hair turns pitch black their eyes flare up like fire and their teeth become fangs. The nails on their fingers become sharp as nails. Then they lunge at you and claw you to death.

The most interesting fact about the Rolocks however, is that when they are like that, so angry their hair turns black and they grow fangs and sharp nails and lunge at people, they don't know what they're doing. It's a little known fact that Rolock's are the most tenderhearted of all the sprites until you make them angry. When you make them angry they LITTERALLY lose their senses.

When they come out of their transe and see what they have done they are horrified and let out a mournful WAIL. Their hair becomes bluish gray and it can stay that way for many years.

There are, however, some Rolock's who have mastered the art of self control. I told you that all Rolock's are born with brown hair. A full grown Rolock, when their hair is brown, would not look that differant from a human being, except Rolock's RARELY ever reach the height of five feet. Some Rolock's, mainly the ones who are tired of killing people, go to the Gnome King in the heart of The Forest. The Gnomes are the only living beings that cannot be harmed by the Rolocks, because the Gnomes posess the art of mind reading. When a Rolock is told exactly what it is thinking it becomes powerless. The Gnome King trains the Rolock himself for many months, until finally it is able to control its temper by controlling the color of it's hair. You see, the Rolock's mind is very delicate and its thinking affects the color of its hair..which is very close to the mind. Now, if the Rolock's hair changes color with its mood/way of thinking, then people...who have been taught what to look for...can know what the Rolock is thinking. Thus making the Rolock feel vulnerable. Rolock's cannot stand vulnerability.


© Copyright 2004 Angel of Music (UN: christiansis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angel of Music has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/317343