*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/318107-Walter
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #737885
The Journal of Someone who Squandered away Years but wishes to redeem them in the present
#318107 added December 14, 2004 at 11:16pm
Restrictions: None
Walter
I cannot keep up with this and that and that too...

Jean's brother and sis-in-law (Patty) flew in today.
I'm writing updates into Jean's online diary because I know that she has a group of friends over there who would know nothing were it not for me (Jean long ago gave me her password so I could type for her if she couldn't).

I caught up on some sleep. I'm only behind a few hours now, but I think I'll be up most of the night tonight.

The social worker came around today. What a special woman she must be to do the job she does. And in the 45 minutes or less that she was here, she taught me something important about helping someone in Jean's position move on. Have to try to write about it if I ever get time.

So much to write about with her brother.

But I think Jean is starting down the last road. She has started to point at nothing - a sign that perhaps she's starting to see something from the other side.

Clearly, her brain function is deteriorating - involuntary mechanisms are beginning to show intermittency. Her temperature control is the most obvious signs - she has hot flashes and sweats, which are accompanied by headaches. She's had 3 doses of morphine and it's not even late yet.

I don't know how I'm going to get some sleep tonight. I just don't think I can let it happen.

© Copyright 2004 Heliodorus04 (UN: prodigalson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Heliodorus04 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/318107-Walter