*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/319391-Time-flies
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #912643
The storm clouds are piling high.
#319391 added December 24, 2004 at 10:35am
Restrictions: None
Time flies
I seem to be jumbling the entries in this journal. I've skipped from writing about the family gift exchange that followed the dinner Tuesday night to Christmas Eve, but I'll return to that happy time when I have the photos, which go with that night, organized and posted.

We said goodbye to Bob and Brenda about noon yesterday, December 23. Whew, that was hard, but, God willing, we will see them again this coming summer.

The time we spent with Bob and then with Bob and Brenda flew by. Now I wonder where it went.

Randy, Janelle, and the boys stayed until last night. They helped make the transision from a crowded house to an empty one easier - well, as easy as possible.

Today is Christmas Eve, and we are alone. Tomorrow will be our first Christmas together alone. Why does that seem so sad rather than cozy and romantic?

Last night was rough for both Robert and me. Cold weather, especially with storms in the area, doesn't like either of us. At least I slept some; I don't think he slept over thirty minutes at a time, ocassionally.

Part of the "down" feelings come from our belief that Christmas is the time for families to be together. I keep telling myself that most of our family will be able to be with family, just not us. Bob and Brenda will be with their girls and together for a few more days. Randy, Janelle, Ryan, Colby, and Shane will be together and with her family. The boys are the only grandchildren Janelle's parents have or will have. Rene isn't here (thanks to the government and work), but she has been invited for Christmas dinner with a family.

Most of the other people we know will be with their families, or at least part of their families. One person won't unless a miracle occurs, and I'm praying for one.

But Robert is here, still, and we will celebrate Christmas together, remembering the baby born so that we can be free, spiritually free.

Happy Christmas Eve, and thank you, Heavenly Father, for sending Your Son to us. Also thank you for giving Robert and me another Christmas together.

© Copyright 2004 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/319391-Time-flies