*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/321293-Prologue
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #924212
A man is given a chance to kill those who caused his death from the Dark Lord of Hell...
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#321293 added January 5, 2005 at 12:35pm
Restrictions: None
Prologue
Prologue
Fury’s Requiem.

‘Why….why must it end now…those fucking bastards, THEY MUST PAY!’ The enraged man cried into the darkness as his deep voice echoed throughout the dark abyss that was Hell.
‘Do you really want them to pay?’ A foreign, yet enticing voice of another man drifted into the black atmosphere. ‘I can allow you to oblige your desire, you only have to fulfill a promise of my own.’ The deep voice echoed.
The enraged man stood silent. He felt only hatred run through his veins. Crinan Maxwell wanted to obliterate those responsible for his early death.
‘You will have to kill them, all of them. Only then will you be allowed departure from your granted life. What say you?’
Crinan gave it not a second thought and answered with the loudest of voices, ‘Yes.’
Shards of glimmering sapphire then started stabbing into his mind, awakening deep pains throughout his body and within the right side of his face where his face plate had been. Freezing torment overtook his mind and he let out a soul shattering cry.
‘So be it!’ The ruler of Hell thundered.
Crinan felt his body going into convulsions, his senses felt only the hatred and torment that engulfed his desire for revenge. Shattered flames flew about everywhere dancing with the sapphire shards that pained him so. Soon all that surrounded his being, came closer and closer at unspeakable speeds, and met his body with an explosion.
His cries ceased.


A middle aged man who stood about five foot eight was sitting down in the deserted Hyde Park. He lit a fag and looked around at the peaceful dark sky. He then saw the sky wink at him with a brief flash of lightning and the sky shot a barrage of rain down upon the peaceful park, and the area was drenched in the tears of the heavens in less then a dozen seconds.
‘Bloody hell.’ His lit fag was put out in an instant and knocked from his hand onto the lush grassy ground.
The beautiful serpentine, the pond that rest in the middle of the park was then met with two bolts of lightning on the southern part, close to the shore. A large explosion then leapt out from the surface with fragments of mud dancing about every which way. A dark luminous form of exponential height had seemed to be born from the surface, and the sky seemed to only whine and groan at its presence.
‘Gor blimey.’ The middle aged man exclaimed, ‘It’s a bloody poltergeist.’ He walked slowly toward the creature that stood silent and hunched, and started to shudder in nervous pain.
The man stalked further, standing behind a tree near the creature. He watched it turn its’ head from side to side and mutter to himself.
‘The house…’
The man crept just an inch closer and felt his foot shatter a branch under its weight.
The creature jumped at the sound, and started to sprint at unthinkable speeds. The dark form barely left a sound each time a foot touched the surface, which wasn’t very often seeing as how he took advantage of his long leg span.
The man backed behind a tree and dared not pursue the creature, he didn’t fear it, he simply felt that it wasn’t thought provoking enough to make a chase at just that moment. He strolled back over to the bench he sat on before and grabbed his French chapeau top and fit it upon his head. He then broke out another fag and tucked the front lip down to allow an easier lighting.
‘Odd.’ Smoke oozed from his mouth.

Crinan sprinted up the Piccadilly main road through the dark frigid weather. He had no more memory other then the two sentences whispered to him before his entrance to the living world.
‘Assistance is in a pearl white house on Black Friars Road. You must kill all of the Scarlet Fate Syndicate, go to the house, kill the syndicate…’
Crinan finally reached St. James street, where he was going to take a turn to head for his first destination, when a white BMW with its’ full lights beaming at him made a quick stop only but a foot from himself.
‘Gor blimey! Forget your knickers at home, or are you just wankered to hell?’ The aged voice of an old sweat shouted toward Crinan in a somewhat kind manner.
Crinan shielded his eyes from the full lights with his left hand.
‘Suppose you might need a ride, or are you insistent about arsing about in this terrible weather?’ He waved Crinan to the passengers’ seat on his left.
‘S’where are you going Mr.-‘
‘I’m going to a house on Black Friars Road.’ Crinan interrupted, glancing at the kind old sweat as he shifted gears and did a U-turn, spinning off forward.
Crinan described the house he was going to, and the old sweat asked no questions, they finally arrived after a twenty minute ride.
‘Oh, I know this house.’
Crinan stepped out of the short BMW and stood straight at his height of just below seven feet, and tilted his head from one side to another, cracking his neck as he did, and faced the passenger’s side window as he shut his door.
The fair skinned old man, now easier to see from the light beaming from the house leaned toward his window, ‘You be sure to tell the old God wallah I said hello, and you don’t try and be too piss-proud in this terrible weather.’ The old man drove off.
Crinan walked faintly towards the tanned door that rest in the bottom center part of the two story house, the second story obviously but an attic with its’ lights out. Just as Crinan reached the second to last step on the porch, the door swung open, and wide hazel eyes met his own.



"...There is no good, there is no evil, there is only life..."-Paladin-
© Copyright 2005 Paladin (UN: new_testament at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Paladin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/321293-Prologue