*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/321500-Christmas-2005
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #924700
Memories of my Chrismases
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#321500 added January 6, 2005 at 5:25pm
Restrictions: None
Christmas 2005
Now I do believe in Santa, and I wrap gifts and decorate the house with all the fervor and joy of the season. But as a child growing up, I don’t remember doing any of those things. Maybe we didn’t do any of those things. For us, Christmas was mainly a quiet holiday in which we celebrated the birthday of Jesus. Christmas was something you celebrated in your heart. And for me, that is still the big thing of Christmas. The celebration in my heart. The feeling of peace and good will to all. The feeling of being able to give a part of myself in the many ways I am capable of giving. Yes, I love giving and receiving presents. I spend weeks making presents and cards for my close friends. Or sometimes, I just run out and buy the first thing I see if I am short on time. It doesn’t really matter. The mere fact that I can afford to do this is important to me.

I also give by playing the piano. And this is truly my most special joy. I love to play. I love to play. How can I tell you how much I love to play? What a wonderful, special thing it is to be able to share this gift from God with other people. To know that my playing is enjoyed is a wonderful feeling. I love to have smiling people come up and thank me for playing. But how can I tell them that the real joy is mine? That is the main thing, and that is so very special. To me, that is still the most special thing about Christmas.

More to come on this years......

© Copyright 2005 Cynaemon (UN: noelanicat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cynaemon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/321500-Christmas-2005