*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/322769
by Maeven
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #901086
journal (noun) : an outlet for the voices in my head . . .
#322769 added January 15, 2005 at 3:16pm
Restrictions: None
Thank You, Anonymous!
January 15, 2005, 2:57 PM

Happy New Year! Happy New Year, indeed! *Smile*

I logged in this morning and didn't find the usual preliminary greeting page for the freebie members with all the ads for "Buy an Upgraded Membership Today!".

Huh. I thought it was a glitch.

Then I went to my mailbox and lo and behold!

"You've Received A Gift!"

"You've Received An UPGRADED MEMBERSHIP!

*Smile* Someone really kind, really generous, really gorgeous, really ANONYMOUS decided to gift me with a two month upgrade! The only message attached was Happy New Year!

*melts into a puddle of euphoric tears* I'm so touched! This was really an extremely thoughtful and generous act and even though I don't know who the mysterious benefactor is, I just wanted to thank him/her and let him/her know that his/her gift was really, truly appreciated. To be so benevolent and yet to choose to remain unnamed certainly shows the depth of your considerate, magnanimous, modest nature. (I'm still in the college app mode, so I'm throwing a lot of SAT vocabulary around in my speech these days. *Wink* ) You truly give for the sake of helping others - and that is a sign of a great character.

I feel so bad about the fact I've been basically freeloading off of such awesome, giving people for my upgrades. But thank you, thank you, thank you so much for your gift! You're truly an angel!

Happy New Year! May all your dreams come true . . .

~ Maeven



© Copyright 2005 Maeven (UN: maeven at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maeven has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/322769